New JW Speaker 8700 Evolution 2 LED head lights looks very nice

moabian

Mine will be returned immediately if they have this issue. The Evo2 lights apparently come with a harness, but it is not an anti-flicker harness as the person who installed using the included harness reported very bad flickering. When used with the JWS anti-flicker harness instead, he reports that there is an unacceptable delay in the switch from high to low beams.

toymaster

Explorer
Well I'll go out and put a mortgage on the ranch...and get a set.
I put 6 NightForce on the Jeep for less than that. They can be controlled by the hi beam switch and guess what : on low beam...I just slow down a bit...
Some of these manufacturers just floor me...

While slightly off topic, we were driving back last night and I was daydreaming with the high beams on as a vehicle approached in the opposite direction, he flashed his high beams on and off. I immediately switched to low beam. As he crossed past me he turned on his roof light bar, a punitive move of course, and I burst out laughing. The wife figured I was nuts...and then I explained that his possibly 50 inch light bar was less powerful than his high beams. I don't think anyone would laugh if I turned on all 6 NightForce in their face. Never done it and never will, don't want that on my conscience.

I hear what you are sayin'. I do the same thing, well without the high beam switch part. Being in the middle of no-where where the deer and antelope roam you gotta have light. Not sure what you drive but JKs headlights are just one step above a glow bugs lumens. I flick on my off-road lights for my safety although here in the states it is illegal to have more than 2 forward facing lights on while going down the road. Never been pulled over for it but it would be nice to have more light legally in the urban areas. :coffee:

GFA

Adventurer
Being that I'm happy with my KC's if these are not a fair amount better and without the mentioned delay, I'll be sending them back also. Fingers crossed that it'll be ok...

moabian

Interesting...thanks for the link. I like the halo...and they may soon be available in black. I had VisionX HIDs on my Tundra and they were fantastic.

GFA

Adventurer
Well, they're here and installed. I had hoped to be able to re use the PWM's that came with the KC's these are replacing but that's not happening. There is a 5.5 second delay when turning off high beams...

I'll wait to see what they're solution is before sending them back since it appears their own PWM adapters do the same although to a lesser extent. I'm sure they'll address it soon enough

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Wow, 5.5 sec. That is brutal. I would pull them out and install something good until they address that issue. I would be going bonkers If my lights did that.

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Well, they're here and installed. I had hoped to be able to re use the PWM's that came with the KC's these are replacing but that's not happening. There is a 5.5 second delay when turning off high beams...

I'll wait to see what they're solution is before sending them back since it appears their own PWM adapters do the same although to a lesser extent. I'm sure they'll address it soon enough
My JWS dongle is a one-Mississippi transition; sounds like the cap in yours is too big.

GFA

Adventurer
Yeah, the KC's will stay for now till this is figured out.

It sucks but I guess it a jeep issue more so than JWS although it sure would have been nice for us consumers to not be their testers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior