WK2 Lift for Quadra-lift suspension??

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Is anyone making a lift kit for the 2011+ Grand Cherokee's with Quadra-lift suspension? My wife has taken over my LR3 and Left me in her 2wd Liberty so come next year I'm going to be looking for another 4x4. She is pushing for me to get another Wrangler, but I really don't want to drop the money back into building another one and in all reality I'm wrangled out. Just want to build something new. The WK2 looks interesting, but I would only want the Quadra-lift. The only way I see getting Rubicon 32 on it with with a small lift. I'm not sure how the Quadra-lift works but on the LR3/4 the Johnson rods work well. So if on one is making them for Jeep yet might there be some on the market later???

If not I might just have to get her a BWM and take my LR3 back.

Nate

kayadog

Adventurer
I don't think there is currently a lift for quadra-lift WK2 but I believe you can fit 255/70r18 or 275/65r18 tires, both of which are over 32", on a stock WK2 and there are may options in mud and all terrain tires in those sizes. There are small lifts for coil spring WK2's.

lysol

Explorer
No lift options for the WK2 w/quadra lift. You have to be careful on the tire size so as to not scrub when in the lowest suspenion setting if you care about it.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
No that's great as long as I could fit 32 I'll be happy. I wanted to pick up some 13+ rubicon wheels and MT.

aristobrat

Observer
No that's great as long as I could fit 32 I'll be happy.
Be interesting to see how those fit on the WK2s with the Quadra-lift. My roommate has a 2014 diesel Limited (that I love). Like lysol mentioned, it lowers itself 1" when you put it into Park and when you hit a certain speed on the Interstate (for better aerodynamics).

kayadog

Adventurer
My understanding from reading WK2 forums in anticipation of purchasing one is that the Rubicon rims and 255/75r17 mud terrains will fit on a WK2 with a V6 but the 17" rims won't clear the brake calipers on a Hemi WK2.

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
That's fine I'm not sure I want the hemi. I'm not a big v8 guy and I liked the v6 in my 2012 Jk

lysol

Explorer
Be interesting to see how those fit on the WK2s with the Quadra-lift. My roommate has a 2014 diesel Limited (that I love). Like lysol mentioned, it lowers itself 1" when you put it into Park and when you hit a certain speed on the Interstate (for better aerodynamics).

Just a quick correction, at high speed or in "sport" mode, it will lower down to Aero level. Nothing is done automatically when put in Park. You can however lower it below "Aero" level by manually pressing the lower button to the lowest setting.

Last edited:

aristobrat

Observer
Just a quick correction, at high speed or in "sport" mode, it will lower down to Aero level. Nothing is done automatically when put in Park. You can however lower it below "Aero" level by manually pressing the lower button to the lowest setting.
Ah, it's a feature that can be disabled. His came from the factory with the Auto Entry/Exit feature enabled.

Park mode provides lowers vehicle for easier entry & exit (1.5" lower than NRH)
NOTE: Auto Entry/Exit Suspension mode
Early 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee's (built through late July 2013) equipped with SER air suspension are not equipped with the "auto entry/exit" feature that will automatically drop the vehicle to park height for easier entry and exit. Late 2014 vehicles will be equipped (starting with late July 2013 production).
http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_quadralift.htm

polizei1

I have a WK2 Limited non-QL with a RRO 2.5" and 32"s. There currently is no lift available for the QL versions, however people are fitting 32"s with the QL, it just depends on the wheel and tire selection, whether rubbing is an issue. I had to bend the pinch weld on mine. You can make them pretty capable vehicles, RRO makes a bunch of stuff for them, but it'll never be a JK. I'm going to look into trading mine in for a JK in a few years. I love the luxury though...

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
I have owned 2 Jk and A TJ over the years. Loved my TJ, but I have never felt the JK had the same tug on the soul, I wont build another one. I was really excited about my LR3, but so was my Wife and well I don't think she will let me have it back, The WK2 seams like a good compromise. In reality I want an Old Disco series 1 or a Tj Unlimited, but again the wife docent want me in that old of a car with our two year old.

lysol

Explorer
Ah, it's a feature that can be disabled. His came from the factory with the Auto Entry/Exit feature enabled.

http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_quadralift.htm

Thanks for the info and double-correction. lol. I'm actually not sure if I have or do not have the enable/disable feature in the wife's '13. All I can say is that I've been lowering it a lot lately due to the wife's broken foot.

On another subject, I also want to add that when the Jeep is lifted into OR2 (Off-Road level 2 - aka the highest setting), the suspension travel is limited. Yes you get more clearance, but drive over a speed bump in this setting and you'll hear why. Nothing bad, but something to be aware of. OR1 is a good compromise between height and suspension travel. In case you were curious, here are the levels in order from lowest to highest you have (I can't remember the speed restriction and/or clearance in inches gained/lossed):

Parking (Will automatically lift to Aerodynamic or Auto (depending on your selection) if you drive over like 15mph)
Aerodynamic (activates in sport mode or if you drive over like 60mph in Auto)
Auto
OR1 (has a speed limit. can't remember. It will automatically lower if busts the speed limit for more than like 5 seconds in a row)
OR2 (has a speed limit. can't remember. It will automatically lower if busts the speed limit for more than like 5 seconds in a row)

Some people have had success with setting the suspension where they want it and just simply pulling the fuse for the Quadra-Lift... lol.

Last edited:

drcoopster

Adventurer
You can fit 255/70-R18 tires on Wrangler Sahara rims (7.5" wide, 18" diameter). Tires in photo are BFG Rugged Terrain.

DSC02259.JPG

Photo is in OR2 height setting but I had no issues even at the parking height setting at full lock. Now it might rub if you hit a speed bump at full lock in park height, so don't do that. :peepwall:

PS to the OP: PM me if you want a free set of 19" RRS wheels for your LR3...

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
To anyone with the quadra-lift suspension, dose it self level? If I were to put an ARB bull bar and winch on it will it sag in the front? If so can the dealer re-program the suspension to the diesel or V8 setting to cope with extra weight?

lysol

Explorer
To anyone with the quadra-lift suspension, dose it self level? If I were to put an ARB bull bar and winch on it will it sag in the front? If so can the dealer re-program the suspension to the diesel or V8 setting to cope with extra weight?

It is self-leveling. Actually, the "WK" or maybe even a "WK2" variant without quadra-lift had a rear air bag setup for leveling when towing. One thing to remember is that if you ever have to jack up the WK2, you must disable the quadra-lift feature or I'm sure you can guess what the Jeep might do when you start jacking/lifting it up.

I believe the quadra-lift electronic components are under the driver's seat under the floor and the air tank is below/behind the rear bench. The entire system is a closed loop system so if a single leak occurs, all 4 corners of the Jeep will drop to "Parking" height.

EDIT - I just want to add that I haven't been in a vehicle that rides on the road as smooth as the WK2 w/Quadra-Lift. I've been pointing out all the bad stuff, lol but this thing rides so smooth. It is definatelly an ultimate road trip vehicle that can tackle light to medium offroad terrain. I think if Jeep can find a way to increase suspension travel at the top settings and also extend the limitations (i.e. speed limits) on each level, the Grand Cherokee could be a lot better off road. But I'm not sure that is what Jeep wants out of this vehicle. It is a fine machine none the less.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke