Listening device

bat

Explorer
I have had this clunk in the front of my truck for awhile and I just can't take it any longer. I have new Ome stuff up front,checked all the ball joints control arms,body mounts every nut and bolt, skid plate and so on. I was wondering if anybody has used some of the auto listening devices for finding rattles and such for a car. I see they have stethoscopes to find engine noise and some expensive remote stuff, looking for a single type remote sensor to set in different places on the truck to track it down.

Gatsma

Adventurer
Exactly WHEN, and under which conditions(bump, hard steering, acceleration, deceleration, hard braking, etc.)? I'm assuming you meant OEM, not Ome ;-)

bat

Explorer
Ome nitro charger shocks and 887 coils, mostly when turning right over small bumps

Gatsma

Adventurer
Can you tell if the sound comes "more" from the right or left? Also, if your truck is 4WD(not mentioned), check the CV joints;you didn't mention checking them, they don't always make noise while running straight, but will when turning or "flexing"more than normal.

screwball48

Explorer
Sounds like a good excuse to get a Gopro camera. If you have an Apple or Android device you can use them as a remote viewing screen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94