My new 100 Series

CreeperSleeper

Looking for bigger rocks.
That looks sweet! My wife and I just picked up a 2002 last week, and have not started our build yet, but I defiantly like this look! How do the 275/70/R18 metric size tires compare to say a 33" tire on stock rims (forgive my ignorance, as I have never owned metric size tires, and still need to refer back to the OLD system)? Did you go with the heavy, or medium springs? Mine looks a lot like yours before the lift!

Here is the conversion: http://www.crawlpedia.com/tire_size_converter.htm

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
How do the 275/70/R18 metric size tires compare to say a 33" tire on stock rims (forgive my ignorance, as I have never owned metric size tires, and still need to refer back to the OLD system)?
275/70R18s are a little over 33"

There is logic to the metric tire sizes, but it's a PITA to figure out diameters. But you can do the math. 275 is the width in mm. 70 is the percent of sidewall to width. So if you multiply .70 x 275 mm you get 192.5 mm for the sidewall. Divide by 25.4 to convert to 7.57 inches. Need to multiply that by 2 for the diameter, plus the 18" wheel, and you get 33.14". See, easy right? :rolleyes:

treadstone

Observer
Thanks for the information on tire conversion CreeperSleeper and BigSwede. That's such a simple little conversion formula…….Right! LOL:Wow1: . Sorry if I hijacked your thread a little OP. Your rig looks great, and I just wanted the information on how to achieve your look. Again your LC looks great!

Willman

Your LC is looking sweet! 60K on the clock...Lucky you!

What did you pay for it if you don't mind sharing?

I just purchased a 2003 TLC this past week. It is a single owner vehicle with 60k miles.

Holy cow, Nick. Where'd you find a 100 with such great milage? I've been looking for a couple months now and haven't seen anything with even half that.

I'm repatriating from Germany in about a year and plan to take a few months off to explore and recharge. I'd love to find a 100 series TLC to do it in, but am hesitant to plop down the bucks for vehicles with the miles on them I've seen. Especially purchasing from this far away and having the vehicle shipped -- have to be very careful.

If any other members have a line on a low milage series 100, please pass it on.

Good job, Nick --

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
3A611467-1C22-406E-83A1-8CBF5DD337EF.jpg

Looks kind of familiar! Really wish mine only had 60k on it though, instead of 170. Mine feels "just broken in" though.

imagejpg1_zps0a852991.jpg

Last edited:

NickFL

Thanks for the compliments. I am extremely happy with this vehicle. My 15 yr old is already eyeing it. I got a good deal on the truck. I paid $15k for the truck and then added the lift and tires. Next up is bumpers.

ChuckB

Expedition Leader
$15k with 60k miles on an '03+... WHO DID YOU STEAL THAT FROM!!!! That is about the best deal I think I have ever heard on a 100.

I have about 67K miles on mine. Feels brand new still.

I'm looking at new tires as well, thinking about the Toyos, Coopers or Nittos. I'll be interested to know how you like these as you put more miles on them.

NickFL

$15k with 60k miles on an '03+... WHO DID YOU STEAL THAT FROM!!!! That is about the best deal I think I have ever heard on a 100.

I have about 67K miles on mine. Feels brand new still.

I'm looking at new tires as well, thinking about the Toyos, Coopers or Nittos. I'll be interested to know how you like these as you put more miles on them.

I really like these tires. I took them off road a couple of weekends ago. They are a perfect combo. They ride well on the road with no drone, but still have a nice aggressive look. You would not be disappointed with them. The truck is not a daily driver, so I still don't have a bunch of miles on the tires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior