Help with Hitch Ball on the G

JumpJ

Adventurer
Has anyone removed a German standard hitch ball on the G wagen and replaced it with a standard receiver. I have the European G Wagen one . Looks like a big fishing hook. Can't do anything with it.
Thanks in advance.

swb

Observer
I am pretty sure you can buy them in USA but I could not in Australia. So I made mine.

Cut off the big loop and tack welded the 2" receiver, then took it to a pro to finish the welding.

P1030464.JPG

P1030467.JPG

P1030473.JPG

DUTCH

Curmudgeon
Has anyone removed a German standard hitch ball on the G wagen and replaced it with a standard receiver. I have the European G Wagen one . Looks like a big fishing hook. Can't do anything with it.
Thanks in advance.

I don't understand the "Can't do anything with it." comment. I had a 280GE for 18 yrs with that European hitch ball. It's 50mm in diameter which is 0.8 mm smaller than 2"; i.e. negligible. I used it regularly with no problems whatsoever.

JumpJ

Adventurer
Dutch-Great for towing but I have other needs and attachments that it doesn't work for. How do you attach a Yakima 8 bike holder to yours? How do you attach a two spare tyre holder to yours? etc.

JumpJ

Adventurer
Titus. Just brilliant-Thank you thank you. Exactly what I am looking for. I searched but obviously not far enough. :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier