2015 Jeep JKUR - Daily Driver / Family Camp-mobile BUILD

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
ARB Fridge Mock Up

Got an ARB 82 QT. fridge.

5 people minimum on a typical trip, so I opted for the bigger one. It will also be used in our van where space is not as much of a premium as it is in a jeep. 5 people in a jeep sucks any way you look at it.

Did a mock up in the JKU.

It will have to sit sideways as long as I need a back seat. it's VERY close to fitting, but I also have that bag on the door, so that makes it a total No-fit.

The access to get inside the fridge while still in the back of the JK is fine.

I also got the ARB tie downs for the fridge. Looks like I should be able to get it secure with the stock rear floor loops linked to the ARB strap bolt down tab holes.

IMG_1993.jpgIMG_1994.jpgIMG_1995.jpg

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Man that is a big fridge. Looks like ur headed for a better roof rack or trailer with that beast in the back. I thought the engel 60 took up a lot of room in my suburban lol!

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
Man that is a big fridge. Looks like ur headed for a better roof rack or trailer with that beast in the back. I thought the engel 60 took up a lot of room in my suburban lol!

yes, its a beast!

you only really save a few inches of headspace on the next smaller size, but in this JK that would be the difference of an easy vs. a SNUG fit. For the time being our longer trips will be in our van.

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
LED Headlights

Got a pair of Trucklite LED headlights with a pair of anti-flicker harnesses. Shopped around and Paid $390 including shipping for the whole kit. Very easy modification. I will report back after some real night time driving.

I left the mounting ring adjustment untouched from the factory, and the light elevation of the LED's seems pretty close to the stock light.

The second picture below shows the stock and the LED shinning at the same time for comparison.

These lights seem to maybe protrude from the grill more than stock, but I didn't get a picture from that angle before I removed the stock lamp assembly.

Attachments

• IMG_1999.jpg
    IMG_1999.jpg
    602.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2016.jpg
    IMG_2016.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2017.jpg
    IMG_2017.jpg
    522.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_2024.jpg
    IMG_2024.jpg
    546.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2022.jpg
    IMG_2022.jpg
    524.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2021.jpg
    IMG_2021.jpg
    521.9 KB · Views: 51

blackdmax15

Observer
Quick question for you. Do you think the 82qt fridge would fit if you didn't have the table/molle gear in the back? I'm about to pull the trigger, and i may go back to a JK here in the near future so i want to know whether or not I should do the 50qt vice 82? Thanks.

dp7197

Adventurer
Quick question for you. Do you think the 82qt fridge would fit if you didn't have the table/molle gear in the back? I'm about to pull the trigger, and i may go back to a JK here in the near future so i want to know whether or not I should do the 50qt vice 82? Thanks.

I have the 50qt in the back of my JKU on the ARB fridge slide and it is tight. The top/back of the fridge just touches the top of the rear seat and I may have an inch or two between it and the tailgate.

ARB's dimensions show that the 82QT is 5.5" longer, so I don't think it will fit?

Attachments

• fridge 1.jpg
    fridge 1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 60
  • fridge 2.jpg
    fridge 2.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 62
  • fridge 3.jpg
    fridge 3.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 51

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command

I will double check tonight if sideways is the ONLY option with the 82qt. , and let you know.

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
I have the 50qt in the back of my JKU on the ARB fridge slide and it is tight. The top/back of the fridge just touches the top of the rear seat and I may have an inch or two between it and the tailgate.

ARB's dimensions show that the 82QT is 5.5" longer, so I don't think it will fit?

we will find out tonight? haha. If it does, it will be TIGHT.

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
Got an ARB 82 QT. fridge.

5 people minimum on a typical trip, so I opted for the bigger one. It will also be used in our van where space is not as much of a premium as it is in a jeep. 5 people in a jeep sucks any way you look at it.

Did a mock up in the JKU.

It will have to sit sideways as long as I need a back seat. it's VERY close to fitting, but I also have that bag on the door, so that makes it a total No-fit.

The access to get inside the fridge while still in the back of the JK is fine.

I also got the ARB tie downs for the fridge. Looks like I should be able to get it secure with the stock rear floor loops linked to the ARB strap bolt down tab holes.

View attachment 265267View attachment 265268View attachment 265269

Saw this post and "Ice Cream Man" by Van Halen popped into my head.
That is awesome! :beer:
I have fridge envy now... :elkgrin:

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
Saw this post and "Ice Cream Man" by Van Halen popped into my head.
That is awesome! :beer:
I have fridge envy now... :elkgrin:

hahaha.

I also plan to use the fridge for home party's since I don't have an extra normal fridge in my garage. 120V and 12V cords included.

Then the kids won't have any ice to play with any throw at each other!

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command

Hey dp7197, what is that rear shelf/tray you are using?

Kmrtnsn

Explorer
How much weight are you planning on putting on the fiberglass gutters on the JK Hard top? I've had my loaded Jeep have the rear bump stops hid pretty hard in the back when loaded heavy and off road, I'd be worried about a lot of weight on those.

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
How much weight are you planning on putting on the fiberglass gutters on the JK Hard top? I've had my loaded Jeep have the rear bump stops hid pretty hard in the back when loaded heavy and off road, I'd be worried about a lot of weight on those.

My only plan for those racks are surfboards. With a couple old school logs you could be up to 50#. So, even with a pile of surfboards, I could be at 100#. Maybe a snowboard every now and again, if we ever get some real snow over here.

I have a curt 2" receiver mount for bikes, so bikes will never be on the roof.

Someday, I wouldn't mind taking it to baja with a pile of boards on it. Minimize the "logs" I guess.

You're right, I am concerned about the integrity of those gutters. I was even a little weary tightening down the rack bases. I made very sure the racks were fit snug and perfectly adjusted before I tightened the bases.

Last edited:

dp7197

Adventurer
Hey dp7197, what is that rear shelf/tray you are using?

It is the Bestop tray utilizing half the interior brackets. Bestop does not make an interior kit for the 4-door due to the lack or available roll bar for the front support. The 2-door roll bar is horizontal and allows for a vertical bracket on each side hanging from the roll bar to the horizontal bracket under the front of the tray. I made my own vertical brackets for the front and went to the floor.

The rear bar is the stock piece though I reversed it so the knob to tighten is behind the bar giving me access to my fire extinguisher. The rack sits at seat back level.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94