I've come full circle...

IceCap4runnerORP

Adventurer
So, I've been around here since 2007, that year I bought an Xterra Off Road (hence my name). Loved it, went to OEX off-road skills training in CT, met some good folks. But then I thought I needed a Jeep Unlimited Rubicon, drove it for a while and enjoyed it on the dirt but disliked the drive as a daily ride.

Then it happened - early April 2011 I chucked the overland life and moved over to a VW Golf TDI, loved the fuel mileage but missed the life. I was financially stuck (for a while). :yikes:

Sure, I checked in on the Ex Portal but just didn't engage...

Today, after an over 3 year hiatus I am back. I bought a Night Armor 2015 Xterra Pro-4X and started planning this weeks camping road trip :smiley_drive:

Time to re-engage!

x.jpg

richard310

pew pew
Welcome back to the Nissan family Jeff!

Welcome back!

I'm sure you're aware, but in case you forgot, SCCX is a great group of Xterra/Frontier guys in the Southern California area

Hey Steve check your PM's regarding SCCX. And I believe he's in the OC up in NY.

IceCap4runnerORP

Adventurer
Very cool, take some pics, as I've never heard of a "night armor" package...

0_4838.jpg

Night Armor is a color option, here is a pic from the net (looks just like mine)...

IceCap4runnerORP

Adventurer
Almost immediately after getting the new X I took off the mudflaps, threw in the camping gear and recovery equipment and headed up to the Adirondacks for 2 days of autumn camping... good times. :sombrero:

IMG_0325.jpg

jhberria

Adventurer
Nice X! Where do you camp in the Adirondacks, if you don't mind me asking? I have a few spots I frequent east of Croghan and in the Cranberry Lake area.

IceCap4runnerORP

Adventurer
Cranberry is very cool, stayed there a few years back. This trip I wandered up near Taylor Pond and then drove to Lake Placid, eventually spending the night just off the road outside Utica - a good break-in for both me and the truck (but lots of late season leaf peepers).

LC.jpg

ski jump.jpg

image2.JPG

With the Stubby Antenna mod...

stubby.jpg

cows.jpg

The duck pic is to be used for our local YMCA fund-raiser to get a new pool :snorkel:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke