"Bruce" the 2014 Jeep JKUR Build Thread

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
What's the shudder in reverse? It feels like the a grind from the front diff when reversing and turning the wheel to the right (backing into a parallel parking spot).

dstock

Explorer
The shudder issue was related to the torque converter in the previous auto transmission, I've not heard of anyone having the issue with the current auto.

For sure grinding coming from the front end isn't right...hopefully they track that down for you.

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
Either I'm too anal for Jeep life or am just having bad luck. I'd suspected that one headlight was dimmer than the other. Leaving work late tonight confirmed it. Anyone else had this issue? I contacted Truck Lite about it tonight.

IMG_2966.JPG

Kingsize24

That sucks! I can't believe you took the IPF lights off honestly. I put them on along with the H13 to H4 conversion wiring, and the Phillips +130 bulbs, and they are extremely bright IMO. I'm like you though, I'm pretty anal about the quality of products that go onto any of my vehicles, and after seeing them on another JK, the truck lights were a no go.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20150719_063935.jpg
    20150719_063935.jpg
    600.6 KB · Views: 444

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
That sucks! I can't believe you took the IPF lights off honestly. I put them on along with the H13 to H4 conversion wiring, and the Phillips +130 bulbs, and they are extremely bright IMO. I'm like you though, I'm pretty anal about the quality of products that go onto any of my vehicles, and after seeing them on another JK, the truck lights were a no go.

attachment.php

Nice looking Jeep. That's the color I originally wanted but my wife vetoed.

I wasn't a fan of the old school lens and I wanted something that used both the high and low beams at once when the highs are on. The JW speaker headlights seem the best but I hate the look and price. No offense to anyone who has them. The hot spots on the trucklites are more annoying than I expected but the high beams make up for it.

Last edited:

KlausVanWinkle

Explorer
Good luck with the jeep fix then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The perfect brand doesn't exist. So until someone makes a brand that's equal parts off road oriented fun, premium customer service, and high attention to detail and reliability, we'll all just have to pick which quality is most important.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Either I'm too anal for Jeep life or am just having bad luck. I'd suspected that one headlight was dimmer than the other. Leaving work late tonight confirmed it. Anyone else had this issue? I contacted Truck Lite about it tonight.

IMG_2966.JPG

its the plug between the jeep harness and anti ficker. I cut them off and soldered. works like a charm now.

MTSN

Explorer

IMG_2966.JPG

I had two issues with mine when I went with JW Speaker (which you can get for around $500 per pair on Amazon right now - great deal). The first was the pair of harnesses that came with mine were crap and one completely failed within about 2 months. They were Headlight Revolution and were apparently accidentally included with my order because I definitely didn't pay for them. I used them because they were free, but as soon as one burned out I bought a set of the Truck Lite harnesses from the local 4wheelparts late on a Saturday which have worked flawlessly.

The second issue I had which is probably the most important thing to change when switching to LED headlights is the aiming them correctly after getting the new ones put in. I don't mean just the factory way of adjusting up and down, but going through the process to remove the blank stud and replacing it with the euro style adjustment screw to aim them side to side. I thought my headlights were just "ok" and one seemed to be brighter than the other, but when I spent the time to dial them in right with the horizontal and vertical adjustment I finally have that "WOW" feeling about their performance. I did a short write up in my build thread in post 16 here http://www.expeditionportal.com/for...Big-O-JKUR-build-thread?highlight=big+speaker and you can find another one out there somewhere if you google the part number. Hopefully making sure the harnesses are good and the headlights are aimed right should make you happy with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior