AMBOT

AMBOT

Adventurer
I was helping my Operator try to design his electrical system. I went into the networks of Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and Darpa, while there was alot of useful information there, the raw materials needed were out of reach. Who would have thought that Cesuim 137 is not available at the corner store. I did come across the Earthroamer electrical diagram which will serve as a good model however, implemented in a more simplified way.

There has been much activity on my exoskeleton.

I can now deploy an awning to keep humans from being affected by solar radiation

I have a long tentacle that can be used to move myself or other objects.

My roof is now painted to match the rest of me and the interior joints have all been caulked so I'm feeling pretty solid now!

My human transport compartment is noisy. So my Operator is in the process of removing all the interior panels and applying sound suppression and insulation to improve my habitat.

Here are my doors covered in CLD tiles.

Here is my roof... lots of noise coming thru here, especially with the remote condenser above.

First the CLD tiles to remove unwanted resonance

Then a layer of MLV and CCF to block sound

It all fit nicely

Finally a blanket of Thinsulate insulation will be installed under my finishing panel. On to the floor and doghouse next!

Last edited:

AMBOT

Adventurer
the 70/71 Monte Carlo (I have a 70) and Aerial photography!

The old grumpy guy is a 71 monte carlo. He's all crabby because he's not getting the attention he once was. Keeps complaining why he has no passenger seat or seat belts yet.

AMBOT

Adventurer
Are those brand new eyeballs, or just new contacts?

My eyes are Anzo USA 111026 Ford Club Wagon Crystal Chrome Headlights. I can see better with them, but will definitely need assisted lighting for off road activities.

AMBOT

Adventurer
My cabin interior has been reassembled with all the insulation and sound deadened materials and there is a significant decrease in engine and exterior noise and the elimination of panel rattling. Just in time for the 15* weather in the midwest.

Particular attention was paid to the dog house which received a layer of MLV, then the stock fiberglass insulation, then DEI floor and tunnel shield.

The turbo was booted and the downpipes wrapped with DEI exhaust wrap.

My voice is much clearer and louder with new JL 570CX2 5x7 door speakers and a Pioneer NEX-5000 head unit.

Here are pics of the sofa mounted in its various positions.

AMOBT out.

java

Expedition Leader
Interesting, I haven't seen a couch/bed with that flip design. Looks nice, and I really like how it folds up to the wall, allows good use of space!

mp_tx

Observer
How about a part number and source for the couch? Also any internal pics of the aluminum bubble roof structure?

flightcancled

Explorer
Awesome. Pure Awesome.

AMBOT please be sure to report back with a comfort assessment from the Operator of your new bed after your next trip.

Bikersmurf

Expedition Leader
They don't transport dead people in ambulances... And the usually are still 'alive' when they leave the rig.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier