1st Gen Hilux 3RZ build thread - Stoffregen Motorsports

Dwill817

Toyota Fanatic!
Aint gonna bend that one! Lol

Looking really good man! Wish I had the resources & time to tear into mine like that!

I've got $15k invested so far, that includes the price of the truck and the donor Tacoma, but I have not added in the price of the custom axle or coilovers or link parts.

I figure everything as if it were a customer's rig, and $50K would be about what a customer would pay to have this truck built.

To get the double cases high enough in the chassis, the floor had to be clearanced. Instead of doing it the old fashioned way with a ball peen hammer, I wanted to build a custom tunnel console with a removable cover to give easy access to the shifters and the top of the cases.

Just getting started.

See all the rust.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Nice build. Your taco is from the city i live in and i used to work for that dealership. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice build. Your taco is from the city i live in and i used to work for that dealership. Lol

Is it? I drove all the way down to Fresno to buy that truck. Almost to Tollhouse actually. They are getting hard to find. The kid I bought it from rolled it on one of the local mountain roads. Pine needles were stuffed in everywhere.

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Is it? I drove all the way down to Fresno to buy that truck. Almost to Tollhouse actually. They are getting hard to find. The kid I bought it from rolled it on one of the local mountain roads. Pine needles were stuffed in everywhere.

Yea. They are getting hard to find. Surprised you found one here. Toyotas go for gold here in the valley

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles