FS: Form Cycles Prevail 29er, Custom Titanium, size large

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
10687214_763240717047784_7055421642483380605_n.jpg
(more images available on request. I have scads of them)

I have for sale a pristine Form Cycles Prevail 29er. This is effectively a size large and in immaculate condition with not so much as a scratch on it.

Frame Details:
Full custom titanium construction with a PF30 bottom bracket, 44ID head tube, internal cable guides and Paragon aluminum sliders to make it a quick switch from a single speed to geared bike. The "graphics" are Form Cycles' most expensive option as they are media-blasted and etched in the frame with aluminum oxide. The head badge is their custom copper badge made by an artist in Sedona. The frame had a retail of $3400 The matching From Cycles seatpost was $300 extra.

Wheels:
The rims are ENVE carbon fiber XC rims that retailed for $875 each. The hubs are Chris King, the spokes are DT comp. The full value of the wheels tipped $2700 with tires.

Fork:
As of last week, the FOX fork was replaced with a brand new Rock Shox SID WC Black Box fork with full carbon steerer and crown. That was purchased for $1100.

Headset: Chris King
Cranks: SRAM XO Carbon 2x ( I have a solo ring for running it SS)
Brakes: Shimano XT
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR
Shifters: Shimano XTR
Front Derailleur: Shimano XTR
Pedals: Not included
Seat: Selle Italia Ti
Bar: Easton EC90 ($225)
Stem: Easton EC90 ($375)
Chain: XTR
Cassette XTR

The geared drivetrain was added in the spring of this year, but the bike has not been ridden much at all. The drivetrain has less than 300 miles on it. If that. The wheels are in pristine condition. The brake pads are new.

This bike had an original retail of $9877.44. It is a beautiful bike in beautiful condition with no scratches on it at all.

For ExPo members: $4500.00 and I'll pay for shipping.

Serious inquires only.

Fit metrics:

Seat Tube: Center to Top is 19.5
Top Tube Actual: 23.5
Bar to Ground: 43.5

Just a word about the bike itself: This bike was built to blur the lines between a full blown race whip and a more relaxed bike capable of long rides, even with full bikepack kit. It is definitely a high performance bicycle, particularly with the incredible wheels. There is an accuracy and spool-up with this bike that is hard to describe. It is a sublime ride.

So why sell it? A change of opportunity has me riding other bikes for other, more complicated reasons than I care to list here. This bike was built for my 40th birthday, and as you can see, not a single detail was spared down to the carbon cages. It is a glorious rig, but it has sat in my basement for too long. It needs to be ridden.

Last edited:

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Geez, $4500 for a bike and it doesn't include pedals? :)

Seriously, that's a sweet ride - too bad I have too many bikes already (and it would probably be just a little small for me). GLWS!

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
If you buy it, I'll throw in pedals, a milkshake, two parakeets, an old betamax tape of the Blues Brothers, and any change I can find in my car seats. :)

It is a really beautiful machine. Someone is going to get one helluva deal, even at this price. The wheels were $2700 by themselves. The fork...$1150.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
nice...
I stumbled on this for sale on CL last night...thought it might be yours:)
Yes, the low ball offers have been ROLLING in. $2200 was cute. :)

Another Form owner told me he was going to list his for $6500. Mmmmkay. His has Shimano LX/XT and Stans rims. What eves.

Christophe Noel

Expedition Leader
Im going to re-list it with DT 350/Stans wheels as an option for $3300. Smoking deal. The ENVE wheels I would sell separately for $1500.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94