1964 FJ40 all original with 28000 miles

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Grab the VIN and some more pics. With the VIN I can tell you the exact month & year it was produced. 64 or 67 it still has some mysteries.

Yep; doors, hub caps, & vent in front of passenger door do not match my '64. With that being said, it looks really nice but there are some flags to investigate

onemanarmy

Explorer
Even if EVERYTHING is not perfect, 40s are bring stupid money at auctions. Lifted versions with chrome rims will bring 40 grand if the paint is shiny enough.

nuclearlemon

Adventurer
Yep; doors, hub caps, & vent in front of passenger door do not match my '64. With that being said, it looks really nice but there are some flags to investigate

doors don't match because they are oem soft doors ;)

but hubcaps/rims, windshield hold down bumper and heater vent are not 64. possibly was correct when he originally said 67, but even then, the heater grill would be incorrect. it should have the slanted vents not horizontal.

and something is wrong with the soft door handle. the square section is probably rounded out. they aren't able to be assembled like they are if they are in good shape.

Mike S

Sponsor - AutoHomeUSA
I had an early FJ40 - identical to the one in the photo. I bought it new and drove it for 15 years, then sold it to a kid who totaled it at Pismo. Awesome vehicle, I never should have sold it. DO the deal.

fireflyr

Adventurer
Looks more like my '67.

CIMG2741.jpg

fj.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles