Replacing the vinyl on a FWC

Jonny 9

I've done a solid search for replacing the vinyl on a four wheel camper, can anyone direct me to a comprehensive build that has been done? I would love to learn more prior to committing to this project myself. Thank you.

JHa6av8r

Adventurer
Find Overland Hadley's build thread. Not sure if he replaced the liner though. Also check the build threads on Wander The West. Don't think all of them make it over to this site.

LuckyDan

Adventurer
Yup, what JHa6av8r and Mojave Joe wrote. A search of Wander the West will get you some write ups on liner replacements. Top and bottom are held to the frame by wrap around trim and depending on how the roof metal was done possibly staples through the top part.

Last edited:

wvtradbow

Observer
Just a thought and not to hijack a thread,but I was wondering if anyones ever tryed silnylon,I know John at bearpaw wilderness makes awesome tents,I was thinking about contacting him to see if he could do a liner,my old Grandby is in bad need of one..From the threads I've seen, cause I've been researching it myself,it doesn't look like a one man job..

MNtraveler

Observer
Lost me too. Why don't you own one now? On my VERY old Grandby (Circa 1975-78) it looks to be a tedious but relatively straightforward job, probably made easier if a helper is there. I am going to do mine either over the winter or next spring. Call the guys at ATC for a better price if you are going to do it. Agree....Go over to Wander the West and look at some of the builds there. It helped me a lot with my Grandby build.

MN Traveler

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz