LR3 blower motor?

unseenone

Explorer
Pull the cabin air filter out and make sure it's not gummed up or wet. If you're not going used, try british4x4outfitters or landrovermerriamparts.

aw990200

Mine was doing the same thing. I just pried the squirrel cage(?) off the spindle carefully, and then cleaned the brushes. I slid a flathead screwdriver between the squirrel cage and blower motor housing to use it as a pry bar. Just make sure to not damage the squirrel cage, otherwise you'll have to buy a whole new assembly. Reassembled and no more squeak. Plug the motor back in to check it before you completely reinstall just to make sure you cleaned it well enough.

Last edited:

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
Mine was doing the same thing. I just pried the squirrel cage(?) off the spindle carefully, and then cleaned the brushes. I slid a flathead screwdriver between the squirrel cage and blower motor housing to use it as a pry bar. Just make sure to not damage the squirrel cage, otherwise you'll have to buy a whole new assembly. Reassembled and no more squeak. Plug the motor back in to check it before you completely reinstall just to make sure you cleaned it well enough.

Do you have any pictures.

aw990200

Do you have any pictures.

Sorry. I don't, but when you remove the squirrel cage you'll see that the brushes are what contact the spindle. It should be pretty dirty, so just wipe it out really well. I didn't use any liquids or solvents because I didn't want to get any moisture inside the motor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier