2003 Land Cruiser first time buyer

costal_cat

Congratulations you will love it!

Rotors and brakes from Powerstop crosssed and drilled with high tempeture pads is 169.00 delivered and they will be good for at least 36K miles or more I am at 40k and just replaced my pads no rotor turning!

Putting in an order tomorrow! Thanks again!

costal_cat

I bought my '03 a week ago with 60k miles for $15,000. I think you have yourself a good vehicle as I realize that the one I bought is a rare gem with those miles. Good luck.

WoW! That is low milage must have been driven to church on sunday only type deal!

I'm very excited. I'm dropping it off this morning for the service we agreed on, signing the paper work and then I will her later this week. Never thought I would own one but now I'm excited. My Syncro is going to be jealous and the wife does not get why we need two 4x4's but my kids love it. The first time she has to take both dogs, the kids and pick up something from the store and not have to take her X5 she will come around as well...

I will be sure to post some pic once I have it back. I'm not going crazy on it but I will start down the path of a mild build .....

Cheers!

costal_cat

So I pick her up tomorrow. The lot got her over to a local Toyota shop. They did the rear brakes, new axles for the front vs replacing seals or anything, new timing belt kit and water pump, flush all fluids and a transfer case service. Found out the rear sub was blown but the amp and other speakers are fine. Local stereo shop has a vendor that will rebuild the factory sub (200$) so they are having that done and will replace it when it comes back. All and all I feel like I got a lot of the PM out of the way on this. Thanks for all the support and advice. I'm very excited and will post a few pics when she is home. I'm going to put some road and off road time on her before I doing any mods....

costal_cat

Alright here she is just got home drove great and excited to get some time behind the wheel!!
All the PM I can think of done, minus the rear disc's they are in need of some love. The hood insulation is coming down looks like somebody put some HAVC tape on it so I may try to tidy that up this weekend..
Wooohoo! Thanks again for all the advice....

Attachments

• NEW LC 2.jpg
    NEW LC 2.jpg
    580.7 KB · Views: 13
  • NEW LC 1.jpg
    NEW LC 1.jpg
    565.4 KB · Views: 12
  • NEW LC 3.jpg
    NEW LC 3.jpg
    555.7 KB · Views: 14

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk
Congrats! I am picking up a 2003 LX in a couple of weeks (logistic issues)...getting excited. Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours!

86tuning

Adventurer
I hope you used genuine parts for the front axle shafts. Some of the aftermarket units are junk. If they weren't clicking, my personal preference is to clean and lube, then replace the boots.

costal_cat

I hope you used genuine parts for the front axle shafts. Some of the aftermarket units are junk. If they weren't clicking, my personal preference is to clean and lube, then replace the boots.

He used OEM parts... Gave me the same talk OEM is better than anything else in his view on this type of stuff. I saw the leaks, he test drove it and thought it was good to replace. They do a lot of Toyota trucks 4x4 work and I'm hesitant of any deal so I told him to replace them.... Seems like a solid guys and shop, I found out afterwards that a buddy of mine gets his dirt bikes and tundra serviced and tuned there so I feel like it is a good place.. But thanks for that advice I do intend to get into a mode of working on this myself but wanted to get a solid point to start from and given that there was no way I had the time to take on the Timing belt I figured it was best to let him do it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online