HoboGoesRogue: Road Trip through Southern South America

coax

Adventurer
Hi All,
I have finally pulled the trigger on a 6 month road trip through Chile, Argentina and Bolivia! I have shipped my 80 series landcruiser into Valparaiso Chile and started by taking a wek spanish class. I have been going on the trip for about 2 weeks now, haven't had time or internet to post here yet! I'll try to start moving posts over but in the meantime feel free to check out the blog below. Cross posting from wordpress to Expo isn't quick (anyone have any tips? I don't see any way to get image url's to copy over)

http://hobogoesrogue.wordpress.com/

Also, if anyone is going to be doing the Southwest Circuit in Bolivia and/or Atacama desert sometime in the next 2-4 weeks let me know I would love to met up with some other folks to caravan that part of the trip!

Corey

Last edited:

coax

Adventurer
Adventure! For quite a while now I have wanted to do a road trip to the southern part of South America.

up.jpg

The hot and humid weather of Central America doesn't really excite me, so the idea was to ship the car around all that. Enough stars have aligned that I think this adventure is going to happen! 6 months or so of exploring Patagonia and other awesome places.

The general plan is this:

• Survive working in the Denver Tech Center long enough to save sufficient funds (Completed)
  • Ship the Land Cruiser from the states to Chile (In progress...)
  • Fly from Denver to Santiago (slated for end of this month!)
  • Barring any aquatic deviations or maritime mishaps, pick up the cruiser in Valparaiso, Chile on or about the 8th of October.
  • Head north into Bolivia (depending on timing and elections, which may bring roadblocks) and meet up with Subagon South.
  • Make a U Turn, and head back down through Chile, border hopping into and out of Argentina, and drive down to Ushuaia, meeting up with my parents and sister at different points along the way.
  • Make another U Turn and head north through Argentina's western provinces near the mountains.
  • After that, just not sure.

More to follow as I have time to post up. Right now there's still lots of planning to be done.

Corey

YiN3p-mOi8MHH7XrLRCUxT-4ugYCG0Yn03bHjlXhMzE=w1112-h632-no

"South America! It's like America, but South!"

A few pictures from my last trip, nearly 10 years ago! Getting old, but better than the alternative.

SrKoQFLzN3WE-DOtF-pkExeeeu0AeaX25KKf4GM0EyU=w1313-h985-no

l5-fBtet0dZ-PNhzyBpsbyUI8aMtnNUbI5U6Cp2GZBQ=w1313-h985-no

hRLNXnZowWF3jrMk5lFqJjSEVe_tM0vAo-xUTNKHkOM=w1313-h985-no

DSCF0020%2BSunset%2C%2BTorres%2Bdel%2BPaine%2C%2BChile.JPG

DSCF0050%2520Huyana%2520Pichu%252C%2520Machu%2520Pichu%252C%2520Peru.JPG

DSCF0101%2BNear%2BValle%2Bde%2Bla%2BLuna%2C%2BAtacama%2BDesert%2C%2BChile.JPG

DSCF0101%2BNear%2BValle%2Bde%2Bla%2BLuna%2C%2BAtacama%2BDesert%2C%2BChile.JPG

coax

Adventurer
A few more pictures from the ongoing trip. Wish there was an easier way to cross post.

hobogoesrogue.wordpress.com

IMG_0810.JPG

IMG_0845.JPG

IMG_0855.JPG

Got the car from the port and in Vina del Mar
IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0890.JPG

IMG_1043%2BDrying%2BSocks.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

IMG_1074.JPG

coax

Adventurer
A few more pictures:

Sunset on the beach.
IMG_1159.JPG

Into Bolivia
image.jpeg

Salar De Uyuni
image2.jpeg

IMG_1309%2BIsland.JPG

Exit%2BSalar.png

Tours
rrZ7GmqgrAtM1hfP3rYL5vTP7oGEUajY2lJ0m_fZlLQ=w875-h656-no

DSCF0064.JPG

On the way to Aduana
H3yyJYzcdKKdViu2j7ZHoNOsF8cLMORsI6HJ3GmzbPk=w875-h656-no

DSCF0117.JPG

Water%2BCrossing.png

coax

Adventurer
Thanks! Once I can get my shocks working better any dirt road will be more fun. Headed to brave Santiago traffic soon so that will not be so much fun :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles