head unit options for 2002 100 series with factory navigation?

treadstone

Observer
I just picked up a 2002 100 series with factory navigation on the console. Is it possible to replace the "tape deck" unit below the navigation with a new CD player with Blue Tooth capabilities? Any suggestions, or pictures? I have to have the music situation dialed, before the REAL build begins……LOL

johnnieutah

I have a 2005 LC with the factory NAV. There is very very limited options on what you can do with it because the HVAC is integrated into the NAV/Head unit. However, there is a relatively simple way to overcome that with a bluetooth product from VaisTech. Their website looks kinda cheesy but the product is the best option I found out there. I did a writeup of the install with pictures:wings: on Ih8Mud..see link below. I did the whole thing in prolly an hour. There is also a link on where to purchase the Bluetooth setup. Like you, I fixed my music setup first when I got the LC and have been using this product since about June and have had no issue and recommend it highly.

WRITE UP http://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/installed-vaistech-sl3b-on-05-lc.806273/

PURCHASE http://www.vaistech.com/site/sl3b.php

Last edited:

treadstone

Observer
Thanks for the input Fireball, and Johnnieutah.
42F1BE1B2FE347B9B07D20B192EDD8CC.jpg
This is what my 02's nav/stereo setup looks like. The 02 has no factory bluetooth :(. What I am trying to find out, is if the cassette unit below the Navigation screen can be replaced with an aftermarket in dash CD unit with built in bluetooth/Ipod connection? I have no intention of replacing the actual Navigation since it has the environmental controls built in (kind of bad planning on Toyota's part IMHO). Looking at the cassette unit, it appears to have a separating line from the Navigation unit. Hopefully that means an aftermarket can replace the cassette portion in the dash. I threw away my cassette collection many years ago :cool:. I was hoping someone had dealt with this same issue, and might have some pictures?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior