Paint Color Ideas

MemphisClassic

The title says it all! 1996 Disco currently Alpine white w/ mismatched fenders, custom front black bumper, w black wilderness rack. Not really sure what direction I want to go just seeking opinions. It is not a dd and is used for everything from week long expo trips to one day trail rides on the banks of the Mississippi. I know some will say leave it but I have my second child due in December if I don't do it now it will be put on the backburner and I am sure my wife will find another use for funds! Let me know what you think and thanks in advance for your input!

Derel1cte

Adventurer
Whatever you do, do not paint it flat black like every other ************ with a can of plastidip does. It doesn't look 'stealth', it looks like ****.

Sticking with alpine white is a good choice. A more modern LR color like Nara Bronze or Fuji White would be cool to see.

newhue

Adventurer
I quite like the deep metallic blue the D2 came out in. However the realities of a dark colour make me no fan in general. Scratches, dust, dints all show twice as easily. So in the end I'd votes white.

proper4wd

Expedition Leader
Whatever you do, do not paint it flat black like every other ************ with a can of plastidip does. It doesn't look 'stealth', it looks like ****.

x100 :D

Same goes for Sandglow. It doesn't look 'Camel Trophy', it looks like a poser.

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
partial to white, but kinda like AA, and Sandglow when NOT a poseur, dark green never bad, but Tangiers-ahhh...

Attachments

• DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    412.3 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    414.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Paragon-q.jpg
    Paragon-q.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0215.JPG
    DSC_0215.JPG
    411.7 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0003.JPG
    420.4 KB · Views: 13
  • URE041208 (26).jpg
    URE041208 (26).jpg
    358.7 KB · Views: 13

MemphisClassic

I am leaning towards the Fuji White and don't worry the plastic idea is not even an idea! And no offense to whom ever has done that but I think it is a crappie idea any way! The new UK has a white that is pretty slick but I am not sure if my painter can mix it, he uses a single stage enamel with a clear coat. Thanks for opinions! I will post pics of before and after when I get closer to completion.

Green96D1

Explorer
I rattle canned and did the Spray Gun/roller method on my Truck this is Rustoluem White Auto Paint it is much whiter than the Factory "Alpine White" Did it in two weeks as I wanted it to look good lots of wetsanding she gleams.

TripLeader

Explorer
I think white is the best color for those.
_____
Plus, in my opinion, changing the color can end with the vehicle goofed up, as some of the original color is sometimes still visible in the interior spaces.

A.J.M

Explorer
I really like the colour. Oslo Blue.

I had 2 Freelander's painted that colour and it was a superb shade. If i could afford to. I would happily repaint my Disco 3 that colour.
473f65ef.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles