1990 FJ62 with 5.3 Vortec

Philthyphil

Observer
Located in Charlottesville, VA 22902, 180k miles, $10,999

As with everyone else, it pains me to do this. Family is growing, so the fleet is shrinking.

What we have here is a 1990 FJ62 with a 5.3 vortec with matching auto tranny from an '01 silverado and a 4" lift. The work was done by a professional shop by a PO. It has also spent some time at TLC in it's life with another PO. Includes 4+ front bumper and Manafre rear bumper with spare tire swingout. The PO installed a sunroof that has since been caulked shut but still allows a nice view, and doesn't leak. The truck will come with a folder of reciepts and a small box of spares.

This truck is solid, doors sound good when they close and the truck spent it's entire life out West until earlier this year when we moved East, so it is virtually rust free. I installed SOR interior protection but solely to protect the near new looking interior, exception being the head liner could use some love. I have done some upgrade work but mainly baselining and there is some more baseling that needs done, but nothing that would prevent you from driving this truck away from here tomorrow. Since I have owned it the last two years I have put less than 10k miles on it, including getting it East. It's been a project and labor of love I simply dont have time for. I've changed the oil at least 3 times. I take care of my stuff so it lasts. There are a few small dents up front between the hood and the right front quarter panel, and the dash does have one crack. I have also done:

• Diff oil front and rear
• Knuckle rebuild
• Replaced rear brake cylinders
• Installed Alpine head unit
• Installed SOR seat foam on drivers side lower
• Installed SOR seatcovers front and rear
• Installed SOR rubber cargo protection on cargo floor and seat back
• SLCFJ62 Headlight upgrade to H4's with added relay
• Added realy to manage accessories added during swap
• Installed black FJ steelies (wheels)
• Other stuff I will add as I think of it...

Attachments

• DSCN0214.jpg
    DSCN0214.jpg
    562.9 KB · Views: 223
  • DSCN0219.jpg
    DSCN0219.jpg
    525.7 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCN0227.jpg
    DSCN0227.jpg
    529.8 KB · Views: 205
  • DSCN0229.jpg
    DSCN0229.jpg