Botswana 2014 - impressions ...

Hi,

well, this year again we travelled to Botswana as we like the emptiness of this country, bushcamping is possible nearly everywhere and people are not aggressive, well educated etc.
This time we came in through the Kasane border from Zim, then took Hunters Road down to Pandamatenga, where we came upon a poached elephant (the smouldering remains of it) just 5km from the Wildlife Service!!!

I must state though, that we were a little disappointed by the wildlife in Botswana...there are more and more "beef-antelopes" pushing away wildlife. This is a bit sad. Apparently, by banning hunting in Botswana poaching is rife, there are no hunters anymore who would shoot poachers on sight.

But still...as you can see in the photos, it´s a beautiful country, we love travelling all those back roads through the bush!

nd here some more pics:

This last pic was taken after sunset in the Transfrontier Park, Botswanan side...of course, according to Murphy´s law, things happen at the worst possible moment. And so it was. Andrea stood there with a spotlight looking out for predators while I changed the wheel...within 10 minutes, including taking the hi-lift and spare wheel off the roof. :) That was a quick one!

PATAMAROK

Thanks for sharing...I live here in Botswana. I have been to Pandamatenga and Kasane. I wish you have passed through Savuti and Moremi where there is plenty of game...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles