Goose Gear

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
A secret project was recently launched at a hidden skunkworks in Orange County CA.

Revolutionary modular storage solutions that meet and exceed Euro-Spec "caravan" equipment are being developed for camper shells, vans, SUV's, FlipPacs, trailers and custom applications. Designed from the ground up for adventure travel in the harshest overland environments, these storage solutions feature über lightweight materials in the form of aluminum, composite and top shelf laminates. Stainless steel HD slides and premium hinges and latches set this product line apart from anything else currently on the market in North America. If wood is desired, Joubert Okoume plywood is used. Marine grade, certified by Lloyds of London for yacht building. Insanely lightweight. A sheet of 1/2" Joubert weighs less then a sheet of 1/4" regular plywood.

Made in California, minimum weight and maximum use of available cubic inches for properly organized storage are the goals at Goose Gear.

More info and pics are being added to their site as production of modules ramps up, check it out!

g5.jpg

g2.jpg

g1.jpg

g7.jpg

Here is my custom module for Toyota Tacoma, this module started out its life as a two drawer module with an extension and a lid. The great feature about the lid is the ability to access drawer contents from inside the vehicle with the camper closed. You do not need to open the tailgate to get to the top drawer or rear bin from inside the FlipPac.

goose gear 11.jpg

Great shot of the standard two drawer small module, full extensions stainless steel drawer guides make this drawer fully functional.

goose gear 12.jpg

Dovetailed drawers with stainless steel drawer guides for superior longevity.

goose gear 13.jpg

Customized standard door module.

goose gear 15.jpg

Goose Gear uses Salice hinges for superior strength and reliability.

goose gear 14.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
This stuff looks great. Sub'd

It really is, here's some more details on the materials:
Goose-Gear modular storage solutions are constructed with the finest materials available.

The framework is super lightweight aluminum extrusion with fiber reinforced nylon connections. By using aluminum framework we can eliminate the need for thick, heavy plywood supports and place panels as dividers or structural support only where needed saving a great deal of weight and material. The aluminum extrusion is Made in the USA.

The laminated panels are cold pressed using PVA glue to eliminate delamination. The core of the panels are Joubert Okoume Marine Plywood, Certified by Lloyds of London for Maritime Construction. Class 3 exterior gluing provides excellent resistance to damp conditions, CARB compliant and is FSC certified to protect our most critical natural resource, the forests of the World.

Weight savings is incredible, Joubert Okoume is the lightest plywood in the world, a 1/2" thick sheet of Joubert Okoume weighs about the same as a 1/4" thick sheet of Baltic Birch plywood.

Exterior hinges and drawer slides are stainless steel unless you upgrade to heavy duty slides which are coated steel. Interior hinges are Salice for superior durability and longevity.

Drawer boxes are constructed with 9mm or 12mm Baltic Birch and feature dovetail construction.

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Are you taking orders?
I tried to walk through the test order of something and while I found the "how to order" I didn't actually figure out how to click on anything to order.

Figured the site was new and you guys are ramping, up great luck and it looks amazing, just thought you might like to know if someone wanted to order right now it can't happen.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Are you taking orders?
I tried to walk through the test order of something and while I found the "how to order" I didn't actually figure out how to click on anything to order.

Figured the site was new and you guys are ramping, up great luck and it looks amazing, just thought you might like to know if someone wanted to order right now it can't happen.

They are aware, site is under construction :)

4xdog

Explorer
Dave, the Goose Gear stuff looks really nice -- at last, somebody's taking care with what has historically been one the weak points of any build out. 70s-era cabinet fronting on rough 2x4 framing just don't cut it in the modern world. Aluminum extrusions, marine-grade plywood, professional laminate work -- now THAT'S what we're talkin' about!

Following your updates with interest.

Don

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Dave, the Goose Gear stuff looks really nice -- at last, somebody's taking care with what has historically been one the weak points of any build out. 70s-era cabinet fronting on rough 2x4 framing just don't cut it in the modern world. Aluminum extrusions, marine-grade plywood, professional laminate work -- now THAT'S what we're talkin' about!

Following your updates with interest.

Don

:cool:

4xdog

Explorer
Dave, what I'd like to have is a replacement for the back seat in my 2001 Tacoma DC that would function as (1) storage organization, (2) a platform for securing larger items like a fridge, cooler, dog/dog crate, etc, and (3) in a crunch could serve as a bench for three-up or four-up seating. The rear seat on my truck almost never gets used as intended, and it's compromised for all these other uses.

Put Goose Gear on that one, willya?

(PS: Three or four total folks in the truck, of course -- not on the small rear bench!)

Last edited:

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Dave, what I'd like to have is a replacement for the back seat in my 2001 Tacoma DC that would function as (1) storage organization, (2) a platform for securing larger items like a fridge, cooler, dog/dog crate, etc, and (3) in a crunch could serve as a bench for three-up or four-up seating. The rear seat on my truck almost never gets used as intended, and it's compromised for all these other uses.

Put Goose Gear on that one, willya?

I'll let them know.

Dave,
If there are standard offerings I suggest alongside the WxHxD measurements also listing on the website the weight of the offerings

carbon60

Explorer
Is any of this appropriate for the rear of an SUV? Maybe with the ability to sacrifice a second-row seat (or two)?

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Dave,
If there are standard offerings I suggest alongside the WxHxD measurements also listing on the website the weight of the offerings

Absolutely! Weight is a very important consideration - once production is dialed in those numbers will be added to to the specs :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles