eBay 4X4 Mitsubishi Fuso Cantor with expedition mods

hrududu

Adventurer
Found this on eBay. Might be a starting platform for someone's project.
SDA...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-...cea69a04c&item=261630828620&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

re you ready to build that vehicle for exploring the globe...This one is ready to add that camper. The Fuso Canter 4x4 is the choice worldwide for building Expedition type Campers..

http://www.earthcruiser.com/specifications

All known FUSO FG 4x4 platforms , left or right hand drive, are suitable for EarthCruiser Expedition Vehicles.

We chose this chassis because it is one of the most widely available light truck 4x4 chassis around the world. It is reliable, highly capable off road, and has the ability to perform for a million miles. It is also part of the Daimler family and has access to their global service network making the Fuso an ideal vehicle for in country and global expedition travel.

General specification for EarthCruiser Expedition Vehicles using the Fuso FG 4X4 platform configurations do vary by country.

http://www.earthcruiser.com/gallery/photo

This truck is not stock! In addition to the factory stock equipment the following are been added...

- Equipped with the All Terrain Warriors 4 leaf full parabolic Suspension Kit
- All Terrain Warriors Dually to Single rear conversion kit includes 19.5 Steel Wheels W/Toyo 285/70/19 MT 16 Ply Tires

Please check the company's website for details of these kits..Especially the reasons for converting to single rear wheels.

http://www.allterrainwarriors.com.au/

The engine is the DOHC, 4cylinder diesel, that is turbocharged and intercooled. The cab has the convenience options expected - Power Windows, Cruise Control, AM/FM CD, Tilt/Telescoping steering column.

The truck is presently fitted with a custom flatbed that has been entirely lined inside and outside with LineX.

A full breakdown of specifications are attached in the picture section

This vehicle is being sold by Len's Auto Brokerage of Sunny, Dry Tucson, Arizona. Len's Auto Brokerage has been in business since 1991 and we enjoy an excellent reputation in our local community, with the Arizona Motor Vehicle Department, The Better Business Bureau and most recently on Ebay Motors. All emails will be quickly responded to...

We are happy to provide additional pictures as requested.

Expedition, ADDAX, Goannatracks, Overland, EarthCruiser, Hackney, All Terrain Warrior, AATREC

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Well there's an enigma... Anyone know the history on this one? Definitely has the ATW parabolics and wheels. Not so sure about that ARB bumper on the front - it is way too narrow.

$_57.JPG

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Yep, that ARB looks like a hack, but I'd like to hear what the story is about the entire truck....

Czechsix

No idea about the bumper, but I just received a message from the dealer. It was a plow/salt spreader truck originally, in Aspen. Second owner that did the mods decided to go another direction.

adam88

Explorer
No idea about the bumper, but I just received a message from the dealer. It was a plow/salt spreader truck originally, in Aspen. Second owner that did the mods decided to go another direction.

Holy fug. I am surprised the dealer would tell you that (I guess they have to ethically). A fricken SNOW PLOW/SALT SPREADER, in Aspen of all places?

Czechsix

I convinced the wife everything was fine, she drove home with the dogs, and I stayed behind to get to Fuso service center first thing next morning. Found a Rush truck center (sure, we do Fuso....), went there with plans to sleep in front of their shop till they open. Got there...hmm....no signs saying Fuso. Grabbed iPhone, took a half hour to search out Mitsu authorized service, which turned out to be Empire Truck and Trailer in Tucson, so I got back on the freeway and went back five miles to their site. Of course, now that I restart the truck....all codes are cleared and she's working fine. Grrrrr....electronics.

I make it to Empire, and lo and behold....Fuso trucks in their lot. I went a mile or so away, grabbed a room at a local motel (nice one, by the way) and called Empire. Closed of course, but they might have hours on a message. Well, no, just a message, "Hi, this is Dan, sorry we missed your call...". I didn't even leave a message, just figured I'd get there at 0700. About an hour later, I get a call....from their service manager. He called back to see if I needed any help, if I was stuck anywhere! Hell, I hadn't even left a message. Now that's good customer service. Spoke with him a while about the FG, and he told me bring her in, not a problem, we'll get it sorted.

Monday:

So I made it there at 0703, got the service going, and also asked them to pull all codes, recalls, etc. Turns out gal at Mitsu was wrong, lots of recalls and regular dealer maintenance had been done on this truck. However...some of the more major recall stuff hadn't been done, like the more recent reflash/ DPF/DEF fixes, etc.

So....making a long story short, the truck is now at the service center, having all recalls done, covered under warranty. I'm also having them do (while it's there) all fluids, filters, basic PM. Brake check, etc. 36k service.

Hopefullly this'll take care of some things, and I'll be on the road here within the next couple of days, and make it home with no issues.

And if there are...hmmm....4bt/allison? :)

I'll leave this chapter of the novel now, and continue the saga in a new thread in the Heavy Truck section.....wish me luck!

PS - that front bumper? Either Rover or possibly Toyota. Previous owner apparently had it sitting around, and got someone to throw it on. It'll be taken off and an Aluminess takes its place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior