Trailer Battery

sdj

I feel like I need to replace the battery in my AT Horizon. Trailer is a 2006, which I have owned for a couple of years. Arizona heat tends to hard on batteries. I would rather replace a little early then be out in the heat have no power to my fridge and trailer.

Any suggestions for battery choice? Who makes the best battery for a trailer?

thanks

Steve

jeffjeeptj

Adventurer
I have been very happy with an Odyssey in my black cargo/adventure trailer. I have had it in Tenn and Va. Not as hot as Az, but it spent 12 months in direct full time sun. Battery has held up fine.

MTD

Observer
I love my Odyssey batteries, they are a bit pricey, but I think they are completely worth it. I have a Trolling thunder 31M in the cab of the 4runner and then a trolling thunder group 34 for the trailer (install in progress). My father has run them in his boats for years and they are by far the best battery we have used.

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
For what it's worth, the Sears Platinum is the same design and is actually manufactured by Odyssey, and are a bit cheaper. Easier to return if you have troubles too. I have 3 and am having good luck with all of them so far. (4 yrs, 3yrs, 3yrs)

Don

-

silvrzuki77

explorer
Deka agm battery!!!!! Better price and the battery shop guarantee me 8 yrs here in vegas. Havent heard a single complaint

Xfactor

Observer
I bought 2 group 31 platinum diehards March 2013. had to have both of them replaced last week. One of them would not hold a charge under load, and on the second battery, the negative post cracked off inside the battery and was visibly loose on top at the clamp, second battery also had a crack on the top of the case that had liquid bubbling from inside the battery.

Great part was i called the closest sear to me, asked them to put 2 batteries aside for me as i would be down over the next few days. As it turned out i was able to make the drive (about 1.5 hrs) the following day. Sure enough the batteries were put aside with my name on them, the guy at the counter filled out the return/exchange paperwork, and i was on my way with the new batteries. What surprised was that they didn't even test the batteries i was returning…they took my word on the condition of the batteries.

Also something of interest, i was told that my warranty was still based on the original purchase date, but if i had another problem with the batteries within the original 3 yr period, i could come back, pay a pro-rated amount, and the warranty would start all over again. Now i hope that isn't necessary, but with the amount of electronics in my truck, it wouldn't surprise if these batteries have a short life as well.

dealing with sears was easy, i think it is the first time that i didn't get screwed by some fine print:)

very pleased overall with my experience.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles