M416 Builder Brackets - for hinges, latches, etc

Kiddmen57

Supporting Sponsor
In my M416 build I needed a way to secure my hinges to the side of my trailer. I designed my lid to fit inside the tub, and thus didn't modify the existing rail on the top of the tub. Since it is rounded, I designed a bracket that allowed me to mount my hinges and latches. I've decided to offer these for sale here to ExPo members.

They are 6" long to allow for mounting of most hinges and profiled to fit tight up to the rail. Note that depending on where you choose to weld them in, you should grind the spot welds that secure the lip,of the tub liner to the tube rail flush to allow the bracket to sit completely flush. The face of the bracket sits just out form the lip of the rail. Each bracket is made from 1/8" thick steel.

These will be $8 each in raw steel (ready to weld in). Shipping will be $6 for 1-2 brackets and $12 for up to many (USPS medium flat rate box).

Note that these will work with stock M416 rails. If you've welded angle or tube to your tub rail, they may not work.
Also, I do not think these will work with the Canadian M101 1/4 to trailers as I think they have a square rail. If you have any question feel free to post up here or PM me.

Additional Info:

The hinge plates are made from 1/4" steel and utilize 3/8" hardware. Hinges will include 3/8-16 x 1 BHCS to bolt to the tub bracket. Hinges will NOT include 3/8 hardware to attache to your lid as each lid will be slightly different. Hinges are designed to pivot centered at the same level as the top of the tub. Your lid will need about 2" of surface above the tub rail to fit the upper hinge plate. Pricing breaks down as follows - Kitted are not welded, just the bits for you to weld up, welded will come with 3/8 nuts welded and hinges welded:

• Each Blank Tub Rail Bracket - $8 + $6 Shipping 1-2 or $12 Shipping 3+
• Each Hinge, Welded - $72 Shipped
• 2 Hinge / 2 Blank, Welded - $140 Shipped
• 3 Hinge / 2 Blank, Welded - $180 Shipped
• Each Hinge, Kitted - $52 Shipped
• 2 Hinge / 2 Blank, Kitted - $100 Shipped
• 3 Hinge / 2 Blank, Kitted - $135 Shipped

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited: