Project Rig Over Load

98dango

Expedition Leader
I have 6 rigs currently 1 that runs and have 6 months to move 2000 miles.

In the next 6 months my wife and Exwife both need the same surgery. When that is done we move. My problem is 5 projects don't travel.
I can leave 2 rigs at my father in laws placed

What I have to deal with
2000 Super Duty CCSB 5.4 3" lift 35s Runs and drives.
IMAG3362.jpg

1995 s10 4 door stock brand new motor and trans
motor and tranny have zero miles this the problem. My wife loves her mom's blazer so when this came up for free I drug it home. It's needs a computer re flash a d new rubber.

My plan for this is a little lift 31s and run it

1993 Surburban 2500 barn door stock old man owned.
The motor runs good needs a tranny.

My plan for this was sas dana 60 sm465 np205 37s I have 90% of the parts.
Long term westy top and set up like a van.

1990 Ramcharger 35s dana 60s 4speed runs and drives
This truck really was just parts but it works.

2 1967 scout 800s both projects but not going any where.

So between the super duty,blazer, surburban and ramcharger what would you keep we want 4 rigs the 2 scouts and 2 others.

98dango

Expedition Leader
ff93104cd70875d89e2f49401cc38120.jpg

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
Superduty and Ramcharger. But you already knew that right?

The 'burb is nice, but a box stock burb doesn't beat the Ramcharger unless it's pristine. The Superduty is a no brainer, that's the safest and most workable truck of the lot.

98dango

Expedition Leader
The superduty is getting lots of miles and that bothers me. Parts are not very easy to come by for a fair price.

The Surburban is stock yes but if I keep it it won't be. I have every thing to swap it lift it make it better than the super duty. It gets a plus for less electronic and clean.

But the super is ready mostly as is.

dfarm

Observer
This isn't going to be a big help, but for some reason, it "feels" like you know what you want to do.

A lot of times people ask for help when they know the answer, but they don't like it.

It seems like you want the burb for yourself and the blazer for the wife to me.

Shocker

VanDOOM!
Yeah, I hear ya. As someone who has always had more than I can chew, I feel your pain.

The wife needs a reliable rig so the little Blazer seems like a quick get er done.

The Burb needs the tranny. What engine? Personally I like that color combo. You know...I am not THAT far away... :)

98dango

Expedition Leader
Ya the little blazer for the wife seems to be an easy fix. The Burb has a 5.7 and is clean. My Super Duty is a nice truck I honestly worry about mileage. A tranny for it is $2500 and it has electronic Crap breaking constantly. Today the trans to t case adapter decided to not stay attached.

The ramcharger well I have never trusted it. I don't know why but I dont.

Shocker

VanDOOM!
Really? It is a cool rig that Ramcharger! But I am not sure I would use it as a daily. The 4 speed seems kinda rare to me. 10:1 vs autos from what I have seen.

The tranny is going to be 700R4 if I am not mistaken. Fairly cheap to replace. Does it move on it's own or totally immobile? You have 6 months so that is a bit of time, but winter is hard on it's way so need to get a move on the replacement.

How many miles total on the Burb?

98dango

Expedition Leader
The ramcharger is probably rare with the 4speed. I love 4 speeds if I keep the Burb it will get a 4 speed or a nv4500 both of which I have. It came stock with a 4L80 why I don't know current mileage don't know. It has 2nd and reverse. Trans is out.

98dango

Expedition Leader
Well we came to the conclusion that the superduty and the blazer where the best to keep as daily drivers. But we also decided to keep the ramcharger and make it the 100% off road camping truck.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
I say rent a flatdeck trailer and tow your stuff to your new location. The Fraud you can drive off a cliff and call the insurance company....:)

locrwln

Expedition Leader
So...where are the pictures of the 800's??? If you were closer, I would gladly "help" you out with the scouts. :sombrero:

Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94