LR2's

LRNAD90

Adventurer
Personally I'd be concerned about reliability if you are using it off road. I have NO personal experience with the LR2, so maybe I shouldn't be posting, and I am surprised to hear so many people touting its off road capability. It is a Car Platform (Volvo S80, which is also the basis for the XC90), so I'd be concerned about component strength if you are taking it off road regularly, but that's just my (possibly worthless) 2 cents..

JimBiram

Adventurer
I drive both a 2013 LR2 and a 2005 LR3. MPG for the LR2 is about 50% greater than LR3 in normal driving on average. I can drive the LR3 to places that the LR2 can only dream about, and with greater comfort. I'm comfortable with the LR2 on most forest service roads, but without low range, and without a lift, the LR2 is limited. I love both vehicles but it's like comparing a single blade pocket knife to a Swiss Army knife.

Every Day is a Good Day Surfing...Some are just Better Than Others

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ucs308

Observer
Thank-you for all the responses. I think I now have a sense for what my path forward will be. I'm currently working out my daily driver and will then focus on getting something for the trips.

Thank-you again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior