My Scrambler Trailer

highlandercj-7

Explorer
Here's a pic of my Scrambler Trailer. I built it back in 2000. It's serves me well. I hauled off a bundh of old plaster and tile from my bathroom remodel and it had 1400 lbs in it lol. I use it for everything camping, trail cleans, hauling parts what ever.
Specs:
2x3--3/16" wall tubing frame, waggy leafs, AMC 20 axle (spare to match the Jeep), tongue box, OEM CJ-8 Steel tub, TJ Flares, 33-12.50-15 BFG MT's on 10" wheels, though in the pic it has my 35" spare on it.

boardsize-640-480.jpg

Here it is behind my rig on a trail clean:

-posttrailer.jpg

highlandercj-7

Explorer
I love the 7's and 8's, yeah 40's are cool, too. I never thought I'd have to build another after the 7. Then our 3rd kid came along we out grew the 7. Now I'm building the 8 with 3rd row seating. :26_7_2:

AKA--the Rock Limo..

GeoTracker90

Adventurer
Very nice job on the trailer. I especially like the quality of the work done to finish out the front of the tub.

Just for the record I like the CJ-6. I've never owned one, but given the chance I'd give one a go. I like the fact that the extra space comes between the axles instead of hanging past the rear axle like the CJ-8. Although given the opportunity I'd go for a CJ-8 as well.

Mike

stick

Adventurer
Nice trailer. I like the concept of using a Jeep tub. I've seen several others done that way and they always turn out well.

GeoTracker90

Adventurer
highlandercj-7 said:
I have a lot more plans for it, but I have to many irons in the fire right now.

In that case pull some of them out and start brandin'. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Mike

highlandercj-7

Explorer
The CJ seven is growing up a bit first it's getting a D60D44 axle swap rite now then I'll have to change the trailer to match the 6 lug pattern and new height, She's starting the show her age so a new paint job is on the list too.

G-force

Adventurer
Nice hauler!!

I like the idea of putting an actual Jeep axle beneath the tub, for spares.

Is it possible to see a picture or two, from under the rear? I`d like to se what it looks like. Might consider to do the same with my coming trailer, towed behind a G-wagon.

Thanks.

SGNellett

Adventurer
I love the 7's and 8's, yeah 40's are cool, too. I never thought I'd have to build another after the 7. Then our 3rd kid came along we out grew the 7. Now I'm building the 8 with 3rd row seating. :26_7_2:

AKA--the Rock Limo..

ORLY? Looking forward to seeing this!!!

highlandercj-7

Explorer
I do not have a good pic of the rear of the trailer to see the axle. The first picture shows the side view fairly well. The springs and mounts are off a grand wagoneer I parted out. The rear axle is out of a Cj-7. When I fabbed the frame I held the springs to CJ width so any CJ rear is a direct bolt in. The waggys used the same spring mounts as a CJ. Here's the kti from 4wd Hardware:
images.ashx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier