looks like more cheap manual hubs on the market

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
I have a black dial AVM but the red dial is supposed to be the upgrade one for trucks with a locker. Good deal. I haven't tested out the black dial AVM yet.

Toasty

Looking for that thing i just had in my hand...
So they updated the hubs with better steel?

That's what they claim. I think the black dial is AVM China and red dial is AVM Brazil.

Those Aisins posted above look legit, I think i'll buy a pair and upgrade to the 300M gear. That should do the trick.

ultrakill

Adventurer
That's what they claim. I think the black dial is AVM China and red dial is AVM Brazil.

Those Aisins posted above look legit, I think i'll buy a pair and upgrade to the 300M gear. That should do the trick.

Let us know how they work out! It looks like $130/ea which for $260 for brand new pair of Aisins is not bad. Curious about them, as I have already 2 sets of RR and 1 avm and 1 used aisin on order. Lol, I might stock up on these new aisins so I will be set through this century.

Evo666

Observer
I have a set of the one sold from Amazon. They seem legit and has the word Aisin in the middle. I was trying to find out if this was a knockoff.

e0d3b876f17a6f0dede42e77891e1871.jpg

ultrakill

Adventurer
I have a set of the one sold from Amazon. They seem legit and has the word Aisin in the middle. I was trying to find out if this was a knockoff.

e0d3b876f17a6f0dede42e77891e1871.jpg

That's a mighty fine picture there.

Would you mine taking one of the profile like that (side view)? I'm curious what the side looks like as it has the hub face, and base pictures on amazon.

Thanks man, let us know how they work for you!

evomaki

Observer
Resurrecting Old Thread - Aisin FHM002

Hey Folks,

What was the conclusion here, are the Aisin FHM002 a correct part for the Montero? These appear to be available from Rock Auto. I would think they would not sell a bootleg part. Tuffpans seems to be out of stock. Looking for these for my gen 2.5. Thanks,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94