new body style F150 overland builds?

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Anyone have photos, etc of their f150s built for overland travels? I am picking up a 2010 super crew/6.5 box to replace my behemoth f250 supercrew 2wd. I want to get some ideas for the rig.

MR. ED

Observer
Here's my 13 super crew with 33's. I love this truck. I thought I really wanted a Tacoma/Frontier until I jumped in the F150. I have Bilstein adjustable shocks I need to put on. Also plan on some sliders and some skid plates from RCI, maybe a tube front bumper. That's about the extent of my build plans. I took this up Imogene pass 2 days after I got it with the old P size 265-70-17's with no problems. I just hand calculated 19.3 MPG the other day. Great choice for exploration with 36 gallon tank and tons of room inside. I'll post up some more pictures when I get those shocks on. I think I'm only going to lift 1.5".

Attachments

• IMG_6885.jpg
    IMG_6885.jpg
    511.1 KB · Views: 87

kojackJKU

awesome. I had a 2008 screw 6.5 box with a 2.5" lift front 1.5" rear. I had 275s on it and it was awesome. Swapped it for my patriot, then on to my wrangler. but I need something for work now. I am going with the tuff country 3" lift and replacing shocks/struts with Monroe reflex (I have great results with them.) I am also adding airbags to the rear with spacers for the lift, as well as timbrens with spacers up front to account for when I put the plow on it for the winter (if I sell the suburban.) Also, putting on a truck cap on the rear for travel with a toolbox inside the pan for carrying gear, tools, recovering items etc. Up front I will mount some sort of pre runner bar to mount my moose spotters with quick release mounting to remove for plow duties. Most times it will be just open back with tool box. For tires/wheels I am looking at the XD addict wheels, 35" tires, and some pocket flares.

Last edited:

Blacknight

Observer
Taken while we were making our way up to our camp site. The new Icon stage 4 set-up made the ride unbelievable.

Attachments

• 20141003_175600.jpg
    20141003_175600.jpg
    603.5 KB · Views: 63

marshal

Burrito Enthusiast
here was mine on 35s, going to get another one in a couple years with an Ecoboost this time around. going with a full long travel suspension front and rear to boot

Rovertrader

Supporting Sponsor
I miss mine, and sadly it was in a total loss accident by the shipper in route to the the owner and he never got to see it in person. 2" leveling kit, 35's, 8274 on HD front end protection w/ integrated hitch, convertible cap w/ crossbars and Frontrunner rack, etc:

Attachments

• DSC_0150.JPG
    DSC_0150.JPG
    406.4 KB · Views: 52

kojackJKU

Well, I should be getting my f150 today. I also don't have to sell the suburban to pay for it either. Came up with some extra funds so the old burb project is still on too. Trdfan can I still use a nfab light bar with the winch mount you have?

stingray1300

Explorer
Here's my '13 FX4 EcoBoost <tuned> 5.5' bed. I added RCI's 1/4" aluminum skid plates (all 4). Bilstein 5100s leveled @ 1.5" (but want to swap them out for some coil overs - I would love ICONs, but ($$$$), and I really don't do enough off-roading to warrant that kind of outlay. Go Industries push guard, tow hooks added. Tepui RTT, home made divider/shelf bed kitchen. 32" Bridgestone REVO IIs LR/E. I also made a "dead pedal" and mounted it to the e-brake bracket (what a wonderful thing for long drives! -just did 7600 miles to the Yukon/Alaska).
DSC_0142 - Copy.jpg

SageSam

Here's my '13 FX4 EcoBoost <tuned> 5.5' bed. I added RCI's 1/4" aluminum skid plates (all 4). Bilstein 5100s leveled @ 1.5" (but want to swap them out for some coil overs - I would love ICONs, but ($$$$), and I really don't do enough off-roading to warrant that kind of outlay. Go Industries push guard, tow hooks added. Tepui RTT, home made divider/shelf bed kitchen. 32" Bridgestone REVO IIs LR/E. I also made a "dead pedal" and mounted it to the e-brake bracket (what a wonderful thing for long drives! -just did 7600 miles to the Yukon/Alaska).
View attachment 255077

Do you have any pics or more details on the dead pedal?

kojackJKU

Well, depending on what the other dealer has to say, I may not get an F150. I May be stuck with a 2012 avalanche. Not the end of the world, but its like a car. I will have to get at least 4" of lift to make something out of it that I would drive. Couple of positives are the side iceboxes, it already has a roof rack and I know the previous owner. My father bought it new, and lives in florida for 6 months of the year so I am going to buy the avalanche off him and sell my F250. I would keep the 250 if it were 4wd. But a 2wd for me won't work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke