STEPVAN | MEDIA TRUCK | CAMPER PROJECT

fuzemagazine

Observer
Hello All! I have been on/off of here (lurking mostly) for over a year trying to piece together how I wanted to go about my project. I decided to go w/a STEP VAN because of the space and stealthiness. I purchased a 1996 GMC P3500 from CINTAS for around $3200 last October. I've been slowly working on it and posted videos on YouTube that you can check out. I'm always looking for some input so feel free to leave comments here if I asked any questions in the videos lol! My biggest problem is w/the fiberglass translucent roof and how to go about installing a solar panel and a/c there. I plan to travel the U.S. covering different events and visiting places of interest during the warm seasons. Please check out the videos! Thanks all!

tgreening

Expedition Leader
I recall coming across one, but I don't think it was in its own dedicated thread. Head over to the 4x4 camper van forum and ask in there. I'm fairly certain I found it while snooping there, but if not those guys probably know where it is.

Last edited:

fuzemagazine

Observer
I recall coming across one, but I don't think it was in its own dedicated thread. Head over to the 4x4 camper van forum and ask in there. I'm fairly certain I found it while snooping there, but if not those guys probably know where it is.

Thanks!!! Will do!

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Other side of the state. Lol good luck with the build . Looking forward to you build.

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

k9lestat

Expedition Leader
Like the tool box mounted to the fender well. Does corrugated metal rattle much? And did you insulate above it?

PlethoraOfGuns

Adventurer
I just ran across this thread. At the end of the first video, the OP stated that he wanted to change the gearing because the van could only do 70mph and he wanted to go on the highway. Boy, I wish my step van could hit 70mph! Wonder if the rig was ever finished by someone? I like the look of the old clothes rack bars under the corrugated ceiling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94