SOLD.... Mitsubishi Delica L400 4x4 Expedition Van for sale $12,500

96Delica

Adventurer
Fair enough, I would do the same thing if I blew a head gasket. I just rolled over to 210k, I'm hoping I won't encounter anything major with the motor... A Delica with custom bumpers and a winch in Canada is a rare find! Someone buy this thing!

delica1994

yes those plastic bumpers didnt last long on my van. And with the 10,000 lb winch it can pull it up a tree if need be. The winch can be plugged into the rear receiver as well if you want to go backwards instead. I had to do that a few times when stuck in Muskeg up north. going forward was a bad idea and just more of the same...lol.

Last edited:

delica1994

Bought this Mitsubishi Fuso FG140 to replace the Delica 2 weeks ago.

20140920_110008.jpg

20140920_110026_resize.jpg

20140920_110828_resize.jpg

DetroitDiesel

Adventurer
Wow amazing rig. I saw it on the Va craigslist also. Now this is every bit of a 12 grand Delica. Too bad I'm in the states or we would be talking a deal. I have looked at a few 90 Delica in Va but decided to get one from Germany where they are LHD and manual and really cheap for some reason. I really want a 400 but the import rules limit to a 90 or older.

So how was it traveling all that route that sounds amazing and perfect for a self contained unit like this. Did you ever think you needed more space? Was it just you or others in the van also? Do you have like a blog or something from the trip? I am going to take a Delica south from Detroit to Argentina with my dog and I'm 6 2 do you think ill be fine on the room? Im going to be buying one of these having never saw one in person so trying to get as much opinion as possible. Thank you

delica1994

Wow amazing rig. I saw it on the Va craigslist also. Now this is every bit of a 12 grand Delica. Too bad I'm in the states or we would be talking a deal. I have looked at a few 90 Delica in Va but decided to get one from Germany where they are LHD and manual and really cheap for some reason. I really want a 400 but the import rules limit to a 90 or older.

So how was it traveling all that route that sounds amazing and perfect for a self contained unit like this. Did you ever think you needed more space? Was it just you or others in the van also? Do you have like a blog or something from the trip? I am going to take a Delica south from Detroit to Argentina with my dog and I'm 6 2 do you think ill be fine on the room? Im going to be buying one of these having never saw one in person so trying to get as much opinion as possible. Thank you

I could answer all your questions here, but the truly relevant website would be Fexboi's Blog. Which features his complete log of the trip you are interested in, also driving a L300, as well as the complete history of him rebuilding the unit in preparation for the trip. lots of great ideas.

Here is the link: http://dinoevo.de/

cheers! good luck with your new L300!

delica1994

Here are better photos of the new FG140 Fuso that will replace my Delica L400. Another new project in the making! this one comes with Wabasto heated and insulated Sleeper as well as huge tool boxes with plenty of drawers.

20141023_145211_resize.jpg

20141023_145626_resize.jpg

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Congrats on the new truck! What are your plans with it? Pitching a tent in the back? ;-)

delica1994

Congrats on the new truck! What are your plans with it? Pitching a tent in the back? ;-)

Originally I was planing to remove the deck and sleeper. But after looking it over, it seems like a reasonable base to continue working with. I am thinking of building a hard side insulated poptop Studio/living space with a woodstove on the 8x10 foot deck. The sleeper has access via the cab which makes it safer for sleeping and also the fact that it is isolated from the soon to be rear living area makes it easier to heat all night without using all the resources to heat needless space with the Wabasto. Anyway it is ready to go camping as is. so i will try some short stints and see how it all works at present, which might give me ideas for future plans. First i think I would like to do some basic improvements like, Single rim rear wheels, Larger Tires, Parabolic suspension, install a 2000 watt inverter so that i can plug in all the tools for the future building in the rear.....ect. I also have the bigest size Maggiolina rooftop tent that i might just put on the deck for the time being

96Delica

Adventurer
Are you on Delica.ca? That site could really use with some new blood, especially someone with some custom work to their rig. Even though you're selling it. Any chance to get some pics of the front?

Someone snap this up dammit!!!

delica1994

Are you on Delica.ca? That site could really use with some new blood, especially someone with some custom work to their rig. Even though you're selling it. Any chance to get some pics of the front?

Sorry, I have been really busy this week, but did look at the bumper attachments. But because it has been raining so much it wasn't a good time to photograph it yet. i hope this weekend it will stop raining...but then this is our Monsoon season. As to Delica.ca I have been on it for years but didn't really participate. Although i did post this van for sale on the site.

delica1994

I managed to take photos of the front bumper attachment locations today before the sun set. Hopefully it will make sense as i had to jamb the phone behind the grill for some of the images.

delica1994

The paintings are incredible-are they for sale anywhere?
Hi,
The paintings on the video are created by my friend Dominik Modlinski.

His paintings can be found via his website:

http://www.paintingjourneys.com/HOME.html

My paintings can be found at these Gallery links here in Canada and in the US.

http://www.winchestergalleriesltd.com/artists/schumm/2011B/index.php

http://www.mountaingalleries.com/schumm.shtml#!schumm/c1ulv

http://www.waterworksgallery.com/artists/21-tim-schumm/painting

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online