4x4 VAN- ************ go-anywhere monster RV

JesseSansom

Back in the glorious 80s, Dodge sent a handful of their extended panel RamVans to a conversion company called Pathfinder. Pathfinder converted the Van to RV, and the drive train to 4x4. Unfortunately, in their rush to create awesome, the folks at Pathfinder failed to upgrade the suspension. So, as a result, most of these rare beasts met their untimely doom. Luckily for mankind, this stacked vixen still lives and has been completely re-worked inside and out. Perfect for towing toys to the lake or driving around the horn of Africa. Comfortably seats 6, but fits 9 adults with 5 dogs in thunderstorms). Whether you are taking the family to the mountains, or you need an Outback Assualt Vehicle... she can handle anything. Tons of gear storage. Huge custom awning. Starts every time. Purrs like a swamp gator. You cannot find a 4x4 van this decked-out for less.

SPECS
-Dodge 360 w New Edelbrock Performer 4 Barrel Carb, approx 120K
-Rebuilt Transmission w 3,000 miles
-Rebuilt Suspension with new single track bar. 5in of travel
-Rebuilt Rear End, new wheel bearings, new diff bearings
-Dana 44 Front with locking hubs
-Five, 33in Road King Tires, in good shape.
-Custom Bumpers, light racks, roof rack, spare tire swing.
-Off road lights.
-8,000lbs Warn Winch.
-Custom Awning, 200+sq ft(middle pic).
-Deep cycle battery running all interior lights, roof exhaust fan.
-15amp Solar Panel mounted on roof.
-Rear seats convert to twin bed with storage underneath.
- Four Captains chairs (1 extra).
-Large enclosed aluminum tool box mounted in rear.
-Custom paint and graphics .
-New windshield
-New stereo
-2 removable drink tables (original)

$11,500 Battle Ram-FOR SALE 2.jpg

Attachments

• _4071648.jpg
    _4071648.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 6,776
  • DSC_0346 copy.jpg
    DSC_0346 copy.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 3,676
Last edited:

peneumbra

Explorer
I always wonder if a Dana 44 front axle is stout enough for an application like this. I spec'ed a Dana 60 for the front of our '94 E-350 Chinook for that reason.

Shocker

VanDOOM!
There are quite a few models of Dana 44. VanDOOM has a 44HD which has 3" tubes like a Dana 60 and mine is rated at 4350 in my ambulance.

peneumbra

Explorer
I'll call you about this vehicle sometime torwards the middle of the week. I'd like to see some add'l pics of the inside.

Mark in Flagstaff.

\\k.

bikerjosh

Explorer
OP, was newly signed up on the 21st of October

No other posts in this thread or anywhere else on the site. Either found another buyer, decided not to sell, can't find his way back to his own thread :sombrero: , or van and owner were abducted by aliens.

grampswrx

Observer
There's another thread with the same exterior photos. I commented in it last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles