LR3 3rd Row Seat Swap

Derel1cte

Adventurer
Hi All,

I've found that I'm doing a lot more people hauling than gear hauling lately and my 5 seat LR3 isn't really cutting it. I'm curious if there is anyone in the New England area that would be willing to swap their 3rd row seats/seatbelts/dpillar moulding from their 7 seater for the built in storage compartments that come in a 5 seater.

I know it's a long shot but I thought I'd check. We're still a couple years away from having easy access to these kinds of parts from the local scrap yard.

Color is not a concern as long as the back side of the seats are black carpet, not tan.

I know i can get the parts here http://www.roverlandparts.com/LR3-jumpseats.aspx, but I'm not interested in spending $1200 bucks when a 1 for 1 swap with someone may be possible.

Thanks in advance.

spikemd

Explorer
I am looking for the same swap in Northern California.

Be sure you get the seatbelts and attachments as well. Its a fairly easy swap to do and I am sure you will find more LR3s in the scrap yards.

I need tan seats if anyone wants to do the swap.

Colin Hughes

Explorer
I wanted to do this as well, give up the 3rd row seats and swap to the 5 seat rear setup but I was told you couldn't swap the 7seat parts into a 5 seater. We're they wrong?

Derel1cte

Adventurer
I wanted to do this as well, give up the 3rd row seats and swap to the 5 seat rear setup but I was told you couldn't swap the 7seat parts into a 5 seater. We're they wrong?

Yeah, whoever told you that was wrong, at least for the seats and seatbelts. Obviously, hvac and multimedia controls are not swapable, but everything else is a couple clips and bolts. I think the hardest part is removing the D-pillar trim.

spikemd

Explorer
One of the benefits of the 5-seater is the extra storage where the seats used to go. They have a molded floor that accepts the jack, trailer hitch and other spares underneath. I will take a pic when I get the chance. It is an easy swap, just nuts and bolts and easier to go from 7 seater to 5 seater. I looked closely at a 7 seater in the wreaking yard and it is easy.

pics coming...

Colin Hughes

Explorer
This is good to hear. I was going to pull the seats out over the winter anyway so now ill talk to my buddy who needs to go from 5 to 7 because of his kids and make a swap.

cannonball55

Adventurer
Just happened to notice this on CL in case anyone was looking. I know most comments in this thread are for 7-5 not 5-7 but felt it may be relevant to some.

No affiliation

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/pts/4723230100.html

2005 - 2009 Land Rover LR3 THIRD ROW SEAT and all Instillation parts!! - $1000 (phoenix)
Want to convert your 5 seater LR3 into a 7 seater?
I took my Third Row seat out of my 2005 Land Rover LR3.
Seat is like New Condition

Included:
1.) Black Third Row Seat and instillation hardware.
2.) Two Seat Belts and and included bolts.
3.) Side carpart inserts.
4.)Everyting to install your seat to make it look factor.

I can install your seat in about an 45 Mins if needed.
These Seats and Hardware would cost you over $3000 at Dealer.
Seats are not torn or ripped or anything. Like new.
Thanks.
$1000 dollars firm.

Derel1cte

Adventurer
BUMP this back from the dead. If anyone in New England is looking to switch their 3rd row from their 7 seater for the lighter weight and added storage of a 5 seater I'm still looking to trade.

jerdog53

Explorer
I think I am interested in a swap I have a 7 passenger and would like to go to the 5 but would like to see a 5 first.

spikemd

Explorer
I did the swap a year ago as documented in the link above.

"Search" is your friend and helps eliminate extraneous threads.

It was a full day affair of swapping everything in back including carpets. I found some seat belt compatible rear side interior covers at the junk yard. No HVAC for rear passengers or speakers, but they are usually plugged into Kindles.

There are more LR3 at wrecking yards now, but be sure you get everything. See my post for more details.

A year later and countless kids in the back, well worth it for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior