Craig's Offroad Teardrop Build

dusty122

Adventurer
I would have probably gone that route to a point. I wanted the wider trailer to fit the bigger bed since im pretty big. But i would have liked the track width to be a little closer to the tow vehicle. Im not an expert in trailer construction but id assume the the wider track makes it more stable and less prone to tip over. it also means if you are going to hit something it will probably hit the fender first which is easily fixable compared to your living quarters

dusty122

Adventurer
Trip Report:

I went to Orcas Island up in North West Washington a few weeks ago. It was for an event called Toorcamp which is essentially summer camp for computer geeks. Its an excellent event that happens every other year somewhere in Washington. Heres some pictures of our camp with my setup in it.

27776586214_d7b85015cf_z_d.jpg

Crazy expensive ferry ride but we fit on

28288763322_f94c0b6ef8_z_d.jpg

all setup for nighttime fun. our camp was safari themed. We had giant jungle animal pinatas filled with adult beverages, most of us had pith helmets. We had a safari style canvas tent hangout areas. we sourced a ton of tusker beer to drink as well.

28110722130_c95efe9529_z_d.jpg

Its not camping until the tesla coils come out.

27776914984_ec5510bda3_z_d.jpg

main dome where they held talks.

28314205261_33b7bcdb66_z_d.jpg

missed the ferry home so had to wait 3 hours for the next one. Popped open the Bunduawn and hung out

27776513334_40222d523d_z_d.jpg

which made us the line hangout for everyone else

Last edited:

Tamper84

Very nice tear!!! I hope to have one some day myself. I like the air ride, did you put leveling valves on it?

Thanks
Chris

dusty122

Adventurer
Its got 3/8" SMC electric valves that i can control from the switch panel on the front of the tool box at the front of the trailer. It connects to the air compressor and air tank on the front of the trailer. I had the stuff already from a previous project car so i figured id throw it on. I do have manual bypass valves tho so i can completely bypass the tank or remove it from the system and air up with the bags that have schrader valves attached to them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne