Thread: Land Cruiser Photos

Thanks!

1970 FJ55 TRAIL PIG
    1977 FJ55 PRINCESS PIG

Temporarily displaced to Fredericksburg VA
    Who says stock cruisers can't have fun?

A '95 w/o the wonderful knob-o-power AKA factory diff locks. In retrospect, that's probably a good thing...

This was the day after burrying it up to the runningboards in thick, extremely slippery Northern Virginia clay.

Took us a day to get it out despite the all-powerful CDL switch mod (that thing was made in heaven...), and I still need to get the muck cleared from the underside. Although, I DO kind of like the grass-hanging-from-the-front-axle look...

Lesson learned: when you get stuck through your own stupidity, one's wife should be the LAST person on your call list.

There is exactly a 93.4% chance that the above poster has no clue what he is talking about...

Best thing to do is get a sprinkler and put it underneath the cruiser...turn it on and let it spray the underneath for about an hour...some of the mud will get baked on because of heat.

And never open the door and look back when you are stuck...did you get mud in your eye?

Temporarily displaced to Fredericksburg VA
    Quote Originally Posted by hyaena556 View Post
    Best thing to do is get a sprinkler and put it underneath the cruiser...turn it on and let it spray the underneath for about an hour...some of the mud will get baked on because of heat.
    Tried that, that clay is just too impenetrable to water. I hit the stuff in the wheelwell directly with the hose sprayer nozzle thingy: didn't touch it.
    Maybe I'll try the sprinkler thing overnight...

Quote Originally Posted by hyaena556 View Post
    And never open the door and look back when you are stuck...did you get mud in your eye?
    Pffft! Now you tell me!

Actually, the bulk of it came in through the window and splattered off of me, believe it or not.
    Although now that I think about it, I may have had the door open just a crack one time...

No, I've learned a while ago (the hard way) that you don't want to have anything resembling exposed flesh anywhere near the direct line of fire when tires are spinning.
    There is exactly a 93.4% chance that the above poster has no clue what he is talking about...

Quote Originally Posted by subytoy View Post
    Here's my 1994 with it's newly installed OME lift and 285/75r16 Nittos:

Craig
    Looks really nice, what OME Lift do you have? I have 285's & dont know if i should do 2.5'' or just the OME Stock hight lift (IIRC it's .75'' lift).

Quote Originally Posted by esh View Post
    On top of Black Bear Pass this summer. Such beautiful country!

Also mounted the SLR on my dash bar and took some video of various passes and roads. I had to compress it way down to upload with my slow DSL connection though. http://youtu.be/XhpOoCD2EiM

Nice video you got there! I am trying to get to Colorado next month!
    1997-Lexus-LX-450-Hankook Maximum Traction 34"x12.5"x16"

1997-Venturcraft Camper Trailer-Hankook Maximum Traction 32"x9.5"x16"

http://lexusallterrain.smugmug.com/

Quote Originally Posted by esh View Post
    On top of Black Bear Pass this summer. Such beautiful country!

Also mounted the SLR on my dash bar and took some video of various passes and roads. I had to compress it way down to upload with my slow DSL connection though. http://youtu.be/XhpOoCD2EiM

Great Vid - Beautiful country!

Also,... Great Rig - Love the 60/62s!

Cheers!
    ~CLK

On the beach

95 FZJ 80
    05 Tundra Double Cab (sold)
    07 Subaru WRX STI
    2012 Ford F-150 FX-4 Crew Cab
    TLCA #17314

www.albertoscycles.com

Quote Originally Posted by mouse007 View Post
    Looks really nice, what OME Lift do you have? I have 285's & dont know if i should do 2.5'' or just the OME Stock hight lift (IIRC it's .75'' lift).
    Just go 2.5". It really doesn't effect the drive-ability at all, is more or less the same price, and then if you ever decide to go to a bigger tire or "gear up" your 80, it is ready for that. I have mediums in my LX450 and it handles and drives great.
    '98 Dodge 3500 4x4 12v NV4500 complete with a crap load of goodies.
    '94 Santa Monica Airlines 39" longboard, Indy 159s, Powell AT wheels
    '11 Rubicon Unlimited OME heavies, 285/75-17 Toyos
    '07 Adventurer 10T with surfboard racks!
    '75 Argosy (Airstream) 26'

Page 105 of 145 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast