Land Cruiser Photos

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
I don't have a build thread for it anymore. I had one on the old Spector Offroad Forum back when it was around before that group migrated to Woody's new forum, Mud. The build isn't very crazy but it ha served me very well over the years. I bought and built it back in 2001. Here's the specs.

'92 FJ80 I am the second owner.
OME kit with 850/863's (heavy load springs)
Safari snorkel
ARB Winchbar with Warn 8000
Some Hella lights (Rallye 4000's, 500's)
Mean green 140amp alternator
Rhino lined fender flares (after a deer collision broke one)
I had a roof basket on it but sold it. I either run a Camping Labs RTT or have a single person bunk I install when I travel solo
Screen windows for the rear sliders.
33x12.50 BFG Mud Terrains on 15x8 steel Unique D spokes
Hood blackout

That's pretty much it. My philosophy for Cruisers is to keep them as stock as possible since the OEM stuff is so good and I don't do any super extreme stuff. I have used it for a bunch of cross continent stuff but most lately for my UP trips since gas prices have gotten so high. The setup is rather blank in a sense so I can accommodate canoes, kayaks, mountain bikes, etc and set things up for the specific needs of a trip. It has really served me well over the years and is in need of some TLC this summer. I travel so much that I am rarely ever home so my wrenching time is practically nonexistant these days. Guess that's why I like Toyotas eh? Haha I am always amazed at just how much stuff I can lack into an 80 and it just takes it with no complaint. I am still smitten by the 80 series. Couple more pics

093.jpg

C9BB9F62-36BD-4CF0-8A47-180D13D6AD77-883-00000072A47D7C01.jpg

AC46B02F-C027-44EF-88AD-F222337D60C1-815-00000079183D650C.jpg

Last edited:

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Man, it looks so ************** with the Rhino-lined flares and vinyl on hood! Plus, don't see many burgundy's built.

esh

Explorer
After an Earth Day garbage cleanup project we do every year in Oregon (SOLV), some of the club members hit trails for a shakedown run of the grey FJ40. Not my usual kind of wheeling, but I find it good to have a refresh of many different conditions. You never know what you'll run into out on an adventure trip and it's good to be reminded how changing conditions affect the truck.

SOLV-9697.jpg

SOLV-9733.jpg

Tucan viajero

Adventurer

That was in an offroad festival we used to have until a few years ago in Venezuela, until this government ended it as it has ended so many things. They used to have some races in a closed track, which were very popular just because this kind of things were quite common. As far as I can recall, there were no ill consequences as a result of this crazy act.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke