Dog Hair Friendly

Garbinator

SeekTheMoneyTree
I have a German Shepherd who loves to leave his hair impregnated into my factory carpeting in my jeep. It seems to take forever vacumming the large amount of hair and was wondering if there are dog friendly options?

I have looked at Bedrug carpet replacement kit but have found no reviews describing dog hair removable.

What say you?

<<<¥>>>

Jurfie

Adventurer
Dog%252520Grooming%252520Houston%252520German%252520Shepherd%252520After.jpg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Take out the carpet and paint the interior a nice brindle to match your dog's coat.

I put seat covers on our seats that match Jessi D Wundermutt. Camo. Can't beat'em; join'em.

hansrober

Adventurer
i use a roll of self adhesive carpet plastic that dealers put in. It says dealer must remove all over it. It works great to put down over the floor and seat backs, just pull it out and put fresh plastic in every six months, vacuum as normal.

FshTaco99

Adventurer
Have you tried the Furminator brush and shampoo? My GF works at a vet and it's made a huge difference with my lab and dog hair issue inside the 4runner.

alaska101

Observer
Yesterday I gave the jeep a fall cleaning, I loved my old friend " Harvey " but he only was in this jeep two times and I am still finding hair. Yellow labs and black carpet don't match. Alway bay a jeep that matches yourdog or a gog that matches your jeep...lol. neoprene seat covers help.. or leather in my case.

FastGlass

Adventurer
The boys will be riding in the back of the JKUR...here they are as puppies, but Thoreau and Leopold are 2yrs old now, 130 lbs each and definitely no longer puppies. They are shedding MACHINES. We put all new hardwoods in our newer house just because it's easier to sweep the tumble weeds of hair out the back than vacuum them up :) anyhow, I got the Mopar HD rubber mat for the cargo area, the seats are saddle leather, and when I take them, I'll throw one of their giant memory foam beds in there to soften the ride.
image.jpg

Yuccahead

Adventurer
I have a white short haired dog that leaves her hair all over my the black carpet rear seat back. I now have a cargo mat and I try to drape a towel over the back of the seat and then just take out the towel and wash it. Before I added the towel and the cargo mat, I took it to a guy that cleans cars in our office garage. I thought he would ask for another $20 just to get rid of all the hair but he said it wasn't a problem at all. He uses some kind of stone that made it very easy for him to remove hair.

I'm sure there are other sellers but this seems to be the (pumice?) stone in question: http://towelpros.com/1-pet-hair-removal-stone (there is a video demo...)

Garbinator

SeekTheMoneyTree
Great responses! Its good to know I ain't the only one who gets blown to bits whenever I decide to roll my windows down! Hair I mean. Crappin' HonYonk dog of Mine! Love the shaved one... reminds me of the Movie Major Pain. Then the two boys, the ears -their Mugs, just melt my heart som'n fierce, I guess it comes with getting older. Laughed my butt off, even showed my wife your guys post! I will be sure and look up that rubber mat, even the Mopar mat mentioned. I have seen such catch-all matts in jeep catalogs, but cannot seem to locate one that can match up nicely with the factory subwoofer. I have been hauling Shepherds around in jeeps since I was a youngster. Each dog I have had in my life has left a very special place, so many memories.

I have contacted Hothead Headliner and think I will have my entire Jeep done, tub and top, as until recently, I researched the sound/heat matting that can be laid out underneath my carpeting. I believe between the two it should do well knocking down summertime heat, and noise level. I tried going to less aggressive tires to reduce noise level and can you believe my wife insists I do nothing of the kind! Until recently, paying my $15 at the car wash, getting the gringo mean eye from those whom vacuum have come to HATE seeing my black jeep even come into their lot.

I was thinking if some one knew of a product designed specifically for our four legged critters... Makes me wonder about my friends Crestliner boat, it has a foam like smooth flooring throughout. But I really did not put two and two together back when.

Heres a picture of our girl, she once made for a most awesome front door greeter. She was Mom's Dog primarily. She has been gone for years now. I posted these photos as I have no other hairball photos.

IMG_4351.jpg

IMG_4347.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles