Dog Hair Friendly

java

Expedition Leader
You can buy rolls of Carpet masking, its like tough seran wrap with a sticky backing. Work pretty well on seats and such.

Since we are doing puppy pics....
15422605328_8ea755e62d_o.jpg

He grew up a bit.
15609617542_5cea8e7139_c.jpg

Bennyhana

Adventurer
I found that the Trek Armor seat covers are very resistant to German Shepherd hair. But I still have the stock carpet that is like velcro to her hair. I saved this bissel pet hair attachment from 3 vacuum cleaners ago that works awesome at pulling the hair out of the carpet.Bissell-Pet-Hair-Eraser-Contour-Tool.jpg

nnnnnate

Adventurer
I also have the Trek Armor covers for my 2 door. I found that my great danes hair would sliver into the stock seats but the fabric is tougher on the trek armors which makes brushing them off nice. They are also good for the slobber and all it takes to clean them is a wet rag. I've taken them off once in the 6 months I've had them for a trip to the washing machine and am very happy with them.

That video of the pumice stone was pretty impressive.

Garbinator

SeekTheMoneyTree
Java, you got ah good lookin boy there, I am always amazed whenever I can witness my doggard run all out to his fullest! Kinda concerns ah guy when their running right at you....��

just watched the pumice stone as well, very cool-but? It would seem Bedrug or some inovative automotive rug company would offer a pet hair blow it all out with an air hose easy-peasy option! Afterall, I am a Californian, we do like easy-peasy:)

Last edited:

TexasSpeedRacer

...x2 on the self adhesive carpet plastic.

You can buy it at any home improvement store. It's implied use is for walkway coverage for construction workers on carpet in your home. I lay down two sheets of it on the floor, due to it not being very thick. and then one sheet of it on the vertical surfaces.

It also does wonders on the backs of the driver and passenger seats. Getting dog hair out of the trail cloth is not an easy task either.

Otherwise I use a pet hair brush from 3M for couches, a lint roller, a shop vac and about two hours of my time. ;) Its a never ending battle.

Medrad iPhone 484.jpg

Comanche Scott

Expedition Leader
After 11 years with Super-Mutt I just learned to live with hair. Taking the top off was a good way to blow it out though. A bit of coconut oil, and brushing every couple of days kept it within reason. He's been gone for about 3 months now, and I'm still cleaning up hair...
Pretty sure Super-Mutt version 2.0 will be just as bad (although I'm thinking about a short hair dog)
Here he is with a hair cut, checking out his new digs:
Woofer_zpsa87a095e.jpg

Him and his best buddy chilling out (her short hair would get embedded in cloth, and no way was it coming out!):
Gruesome-Twosome_zps020c613b.jpg

Garbinator

SeekTheMoneyTree
OK-You guys are going to shame me into posting a photo of my doggard... Biff one, Lil Missy Biffy Two. Missy Biffy is pretty much like her wannabe Master and Commander... Me, in that she's the one Big Biff constantly keys off from and too! When it comes to certain food, she will always step away from his food domain. I cannot imagine a life without these two, as all they know, their mission, is to keep me and my wife happy. When I'm not, they totally indicate it as well. Our kids, their kids, all live in separate states and it makes it tough in the Grandfathering department. So? My dogs get me full-time these days.

As for the thread? I will visit Home Despot, I mean Depot and grab some doggie Plasty-Wrap! DEXTER!!!!! Jus-kidding of course!

Now? For those photos in the back of my Jeep...

Garbinator

SeekTheMoneyTree

I looked at this explanation. Back when I worked the beat, dogs were considered as property by owner. Legally that is. In my personal life growing up in rural Kern County, I witnessed on more than one occasion drunk Mexican's driving old pickup trucks drunk as all get out~~their horse running full gallop, the reins tied firmly to a backyard made steel side gate... I was very young, very angry and upset at the time. The second time my dad tried catching up and the situation grew worse as the horse stumbled, falling to the pavement thus being pulled for I don't remember. The whole event resides within me today. Dogs, chickens, fighting cocks, mauling of sheep and goats? Been there witnessed that.

While my choice of placing a dog crate on a car roof, tying it down so to speak, not a worthy plan. As my parents loved to use exact same in the 60's whenever we traveled as well. EVERYTIME!!! Somewhere along our path to destination thereto, the damn thing came loose. Actually began sliding off the gutter as the carriers mounts give way all due to wind force and combined weight atop. Cars made in the 60's had very tough all steel body components, those rain gutters on each side of the roofs were darn near explosion proof!

So? No, I would never put my dog atop a car in that manner. Then again, I watched my own family, to include myself make even dumber decisions than The Romney's oh so many years ago.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles