FG folks...is this kind of sealant used on factory builds?

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Input please - I'm looking at a truck that doesn't have much of a maintenance record, or recall work done. But this RTV work doesn't look like something a factory would do, so I need input from current owners. Does it look like this transmission has been messed around with? Rebuilt, or at the least taken apart, and not in a factory or Fuso service shop?

Thanks in advance!

fuso005.jpg

If someone wants the hi def full pic, I can post the link...

Ah, what the heck...here's the link for the full def pic....just hit the zoom icon when you get to photobucket.. [URL=http://s86.photobucket.com/user/Czechsix/media/fuso005.jpg.html] [/URL]

Last edited:

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
To be honest, I think it would be next to impossible to know if this if factory RTV sealant or not.
Having said that... I just had a look at my truck and it's not a lot different from the image above.

transfer_case_01.jpg

Gatsma

Adventurer
Generally speaking, more and more applications that, in the past, would ALWAYS use a gasket, are now using form-in-place sealing. This is probably just one of them

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Thanks folks, especially skifreak for posting that pic - looks like the same sealant, the truck I'm looking at is done a bit more sloppy, but that looks like it's about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles