new fender flares for the xj

squareaffair

It was time to put new fender flares on the jeep.
At the start of September, the gf and I took a trip down to Washington and did two days worth of the most northern part of the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route http://www.backcountrydiscoveryroutes.com/WABDR
Its a great, pretty mild, very scenic, and totally worth checking out. heres a picture from that trip:

R0020972.jpg

I ended up loosing a flare (back tires made contact), this is not that uncommon with the 97+ cherokees as I am sure many of you know. I also managed to spray wet cow **** through an open passenger window onto my girlfriend because the stock flares no longer covered my 31x10.5 tires on the 4" backspaced 15x8 rims. This was a good opportunity to upgrade.
I looked at a bunch of options, but talked with napier precision products about their new flat flares who ended up giving me a discount as they were still testing the new product out and were wanting feedback.
http://www.napierprecisionproducts.com/main.sc
they were really nice to deal with, and after getting my hands on their product I think i would have purchased them with or without the discount they gave me - they are really nice, nicer than the bushwacker products IMO.
heres the result after a weekend of cutting and folding and more cutting:

R0021476.jpg

R0021466.jpg

I'm looking forward to taking advantage of the new added clearance, and I think the flares look great, a little more subtle than the other products on the market and retain a somewhat stock look. The one aesthetic downfall was it has emphasized the small reared sag I have going on, will have to fix that soon.

amo292

Adventurer
Thats a great looking rig! I applaud you keeping it looking stock but very purpose built. Those flares look 10x better than all the bushwhacker systems I have seen.

bainbridge-xj

Nice XJ. I have a set of the Napier V2 flares sitting in the garage waiting to go on my 98 XJ. That said, I like the looks of the flat flares. By the way, I added a set of the Napier hood vents. We were on the WABDR in August and I think they helped quite a bit to keep the engine temps down.

squareaffair

The flares will totally work for any year xj cherokee - there are a few different parts to the installation but they are absolutely meant to work for all years

squareaffair

Thats what I was going to do if I bought an XJ. Just go with flares and 31's.

for the record, theres also about 3" of lift - you could probably get away with it though, and i could probably go to 33s without rubbing now, but id need to re-gear at that point i think

TMC-113

Observer
What wheels do you have on it in the first picture?

Are they the American Racing smooth ones?

The flares look great btw! Awesome rig!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles