JKUR with 2.5" and 33's

Finatic Angler

Adventurer
I just installed a 2" BDS spring lift with the help of my buddy. I upgraded to fox shocks and longer Lower control arms. The install was very straight forward with the only part that was tough was installing the bump stop extensions to the front axel. The whole thing took us roughly 6 1/2 hours but included a dinner break and many friends coming to take a look at what was going on.

The one thing I would suggest is tall jack stands. The higher it is the better because you are going to need to drop the front and rear ends to put ithe longer springs.

After the lift thoughts are why didn't I do this sooner??? The jeep rides so much better.

Now to decide which rims and tires I want. I too am looking at a 33" tire.

Good luck

I will take some photos of the jeep tomorrow when the rain stops but as above it is still on stock rubicon tires and wheels.

gekicker08

I run the OME heavy rated 2" lift and 285 MTR's and love it. Especially on longer trips I don't have to shift out of 6th for most hills and when the going gets off the beaten path I can pretty much conquer everything I want to conguer. It is a really great and mild setup for an overland rig. AEV makes great stuff, OME has a very thorough lift as well so you could look into that as well.

Finatic Angler

Adventurer
Took the jeep out with the trailer today to check for the trailer being level. Decided to take a photo to see how the rear squated. It faired much better than the stock springs.

image.jpg

DallasJKU

Adventurer
I went with the 2.5 AEV with 315 Duratracs. Then I added MCE flat fenders to give t more room and possibly add 37's in future. The lift rides much better with a little weight. Bought another hardtop last week and it really helped with some of the stiffness.
7209d317fc26eeafcb6ba086612be1a7.jpg

92f509a740d3c99708239de29cca5fff.jpg

Last edited:

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
looking good.

How is the width of that trailer compare with the width of your jeep? and also the wheel track width?

I have been looking at similar trailers. I have yet to see one in person next to my or someone's JK to do any real visual comparisons.

Also, I have been looking at 33" toyo M-55 tires. They seem nice if you like narrower type tires and do a lot of road driving.

Took the jeep out with the trailer today to check for the trailer being level. Decided to take a photo to see how the rear squated. It faired much better than the stock springs.

View attachment 253181

DEFENDERBEAM

strategic command
those MCE fenders are nice. How was the install? do you know about the law regarding no side marker lights? wonder if reflectors would be good enough? Looks like MCE does offer a side marker light.

I went with the 2.5 AEV with 315 Duratracs. Then I added MCE flat fenders to give t more room and possibly add 37's in future. The lift rides much better with a little weight. Bought another hardtop last week and it really helped with some of the stiffness.
7209d317fc26eeafcb6ba086612be1a7.jpg

92f509a740d3c99708239de29cca5fff.jpg

DallasJKU

Adventurer
those MCE fenders are nice. How was the install? do you know about the law regarding no side marker lights? wonder if reflectors would be good enough? Looks like MCE does offer a side marker light.

Install was easy. I don't use a light and just passed inspection.

zmbjeep

here is my 2013 jkur, aev 2.5 dual sport w/GCB on 315 durotracs. awesome ride quality on and off road. will climb over gnarly stuff with no issues
and soak up expansion joints at highway speed without any vibration or bump steer. would install again in heartbeat.

20141010_184749 (Medium).jpg
20141011_114830 (Medium).jpg

JIMBO

Expedition Leader
:sombrero: 2.5" Rancho lift/33.6" Hankooks/Bushwacker fenders-

2-01-11058.jpg

Sanddriving013.jpg

Good luck

:costumed-smiley-007:bike_rider: JIMBO

TFree

Feedback on your setup

How are you doing on MPG with the Duratrac 285/70r17 and Gobi Stealth rack setup? I am looking at the exact setup. I have heard that the 4.10 gears may be better suited to the Duratrac 315/70r17 in so far as the ratios are better giving the 35's a little better MPG with the added benefit of ground clearance. It may not seem a like a big deal, until someone starts planning 4,000 to 6,000 treks. What has your experience been?

Here's mine.

i-GN6f6rd-L.jpg

AEV 2.5 Lift w/geometry brackets, AEV Pintlers, 285/70-17 Duratracs and ARB bumpers front and rear. Love it, no issues offroad and still fits in my garage even with Gobi stealth rack. Rest of the goodies in my sig.

LL247

Observer
Throwing these pics up even though I've tossed them around a couple times in this forum since Sunday. Mine with a 2'' spacer lift and 285/70r17 Cooper ST Maxx's. Spacer lift was a Band-Aid but it was a take-off from my 08 JKU and was sitting in the garage. After having 3 other JKU's with 4-6'' lifts and 35's, decided that was overkill for what I need it for (DD and moderate trails). I am VERY happy with a small lift and 33's! Plans in the near future are the AEV 2.5 lift with GCB and possibly swapping out the ST Maxx's for the tall, skinny KO2's when the size is released in the spring.

20141207_114315.jpg
20141207_164601.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles