For Sale AATREC FM 260

daniel ruops

Adventurer
FOR SALE

AATREC FM260- All Terrain Recreational Extreme Camper
Built by Darin Fink, Renaissance Universal Fabrication Inc.
Mileage- less than 60,000
Price: $250.000

The 2007 FM260 Mitsubishi Fuso has a 6M6O engine and is the last model year of the highly regarded chassis with NO ULSD requirement. There is no catalyst, thermal reactor or urea injection thus any diesel fuel can be burned. The exhaust consists of a brake valve and muffler. Total length 25 feet.

CABIN
3 point pivot frame. RUF torsen- free subframe eliminates stress between chassis and cabin
Cabin length 17 feet
Espar diesel furnace
Force 10 stainless 4 burner range (thermocoupled for safety}
Dometic microwave oven
Queen sized bed with easy access additional storage beneath
Refrigerator
Second compressor chest style refrigerator/freezer
Adequate internal and external storage
98 gallons fresh water capacity contained within the cabin
LED lighting in cabin
Seitz windows with insect screens and blackout shades
Manual entry stairs
Nature’s Head composting toilet
Stainless steel shower floor
Cherry hardwood cabinets
Gray water capacity 45 gallons
Water heater 6 gallons
Pass through to cab with pull down locking shutter
Rhino lining on roof

ENGINE
Mitsubishi 6M60 SOHC inter-cooled I-6 turbo-diesel
Cab tips forward for complete and adequate access to the engine
460 CID (7.5 liter)
Four valves per cylinder
Common-rail injection system
Ceramic-typed glow plugs for cold start assistance
243 HP @ 2600RPM
516 lb-ft @ 1400 RPM
12 Volt, 100 Amp alternator

ELECTRIC
7.5 kw diesel generator
2000 watt inverter
Four 130 watt solar panels
600 A/Hr AGM battery bank
Blue Sea Systems marine-grade color-coded electrical system
2KW pure sine wave MagnaSine Inverter
LCD TV, DVD

TRANSMISSION
Allison LCT 2400 automatic
5-speed
Electronic overdrive
26,000 GCWR

FRAME
Ladder/straight type
Section Modulus: 13.73 cubic inch
Yield Strength: 51,200 psi
Custom front bumper
Rear 2” receiver

FRONT AXLE
12,000 lbs.GAWR
Manually locking hubs
Double-Cardan steering joints
Single-reduction hypoid final drive, 6.50:1

REAR AXLE
RUF custom built Dana 22,000 lbs heavy walled axle
Extra heavy duty housing
Single-reduction hypoid final drive, 6.50:1
Rear axle differential Lock

FOUR WHEEL DRIVE
Installed by Marmon Herrington
Heavy duty aluminum transfer case with constant mesh helical gears capable of 7,400 lb-ft input torque

BRAKES
Air over hydraulic control
Four wheel disc with ABS
Bosch calipers with 73mm dual pistons
Rated 34,000 lbs/axle
Air actuated exhaust brake

SUSPENSION
Front: Fuso Tapered Leaf
Rear: Fuso Laminated Leaf

TIRES
Bridgestone M711, 11R22.5

WHEELS
Accuride “22.5 x 8.25 forged aluminum

STEERING
Ball-nut type
Integrated hydraulic power booster
Tilt steering column

TURNING RADIUS
29 feet, curb to curb

FUEL CAPACITY
100 gallons (US) in 2x50 gallon factory side mount tanks

CHASSIS/CAB
Spacious “extended” cab
Passthrough from cabin to cab with security shutter
Dynamat installed for noise reduction
Heated mirrors
Air conditioning
Bostrom air ride seats
Rear-vision camera system

Contact
Daniel Ruops
760-518-8687
danielruops@me.com
IMG_2663.jpg

Attachments

• _DSC1517.jpg
    _DSC1517.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 118
  • _DSC1516.jpg
    _DSC1516.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 111
  • _DSC1515.jpg
    _DSC1515.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 101

daniel ruops

Adventurer
FM260 AATREC

Sorry for my oversight in failing to list the location. The AATREC is located in San Diego County.
Thank you for your attention.

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
For those who are not aware of this vehicle's general history, after building his campers on Unimogs and Fuso FGs, Wyoming expedition vehicle builder Darrin Fink engineered and built two larger units on Fuso FM chassis. With a 26,000 pound GVWR (right below the weight requiring a CDL), the FM had well over double the payload of the FG, and was therefore much better suited for a full-time expedition cabin. FMs were not, however, available with four-wheel-drive, and Darrin--a good friend of mine at the time this unit was built--worked for months with a consultant from The Ohio State University and several engineers from Fuso and Marmon-Herrington to engineer a 4WD system acceptable to the factory. Darrin's modifications were, in fact, sufficiently impressive to Mitsubishi that his MFNA contacts extended to the vice-president level and his work was written up in the company's monthly magazine. It would be difficult to find a comparable 4WD Class 6 COE truck here in North America, since only the little Fuso FG 4WD COE has been certified for sale here.

The cabover design is significant because it permits the huge (by overlanding standards) 17 foot cabin length in a 25 foot truck. This is especially impressive since the FM cab is conceptually a "supercab" by virture of having quite a bit of useful space behind the front seats. (In Asia, the space is often used for a two-foot-wide driver's bunk.) The difference between a COE truck and a conventional cab and chassis unit is pretty significant. As an example, the non-stretched EarthRoamer XV-LT on a Ford F550 supercab chassis is nearly two feet longer while having a cabin floor less than two-thirds the size. Not many cabovers have been used in North America because the trucks haven't been available with 4WD, but they are usual choice for European and Australian builders of large expedition trucks.

The second AATREC FM is also in the hands of an ExPo member, John Rhetts (jrhetts on this forum). John is currently walkabout in his FM on a cross-continent trip; he checked in yesterday from near Springfield, Illinois. John's interior layout is different, but the trucks are very similar otherwise. Both Daniel and John have had many fine adventures in Darrin's two big trucks. The trucks are quite and accomplishment for an independent builder, and a buyer would be getting a nearly unique truck with some extremely solid engineering.

mog

Kodiak Buckaroo
WOW, a chance of a lifetime!:Wow1:
This is one of the only 2 (two) built.
And all 'approved' mods to get it 4x4. Darrin when to a mega amount of work to get it done right and approved.
I've seen the sister of this truck (John''s) in detail and they are awesome. What a great platform and the quality is hands down great.
For that price it seems like a super steal.
Best of luck with the sale and I hope my San Diego buddy buys it quickly

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
I spoke with Dan before I left on this latest adventure (bought an FG!). Genuinely nice guy! I think he'll turn out to be a good friend. He's fairly local to me so I'll be visiting him once I'm back home, and I'm sure I'll get tons of ideas. Biggest issue for me was....dat dere ees a beeg truck!

I'll stick with a smaller FG, and then in ten years be kicking myself for not grabbing the FM :sombrero: (it's not that I don't learn from my past, it's that I completely ignore it)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94