Namibia - a few photos of the South - 2014

This year we mainly visited the Southern part of Namibia, this was the first time we visited Ai-Ais and the Fish River Canyon. Also we revisited the Quiver trees and this time saw the Mesosaurus fossils. When comparing to the Quiver tree forest and Giant´s playground, we found it much better to continue up the road a bit and visit old Giel and his Mesosaurus fossils, you get all in one - Quiver trees, giants playground and some ancient fossils. This guy is much friendlier than the Quiver tree guys. Be aware...this is our own experience! :)

I must say, we more love the Northern part of Namibia, the South is very lonely, empty and in places desolate. I think next time we will be back north. (I may post a few photos of our trip to the North here in a few days).

For now, enjoy those pics. Ai-Ais was a good spot to wash off the travel dust - although I must state ( and am prepared to be torn to pieces) that we bushcamped and went for day visits there (3 days in total) - we didn´t like the campsite in Ai Ais, it is very sterile. :D

Last photo is at the Brukkaros crater, which was quite nice, I loved the old payphone! :)

Quest4ADV

Adventurer
Stunning images. Thanks for sharing. I was just reading your thread on "the other forum". :)

Last edited:

roverrocks

Expedition Leader
Great adventure and pictures of a land I will never get to. Much appreciated. THAT payphone is indeed an interesting, scenic shot. Thanks.

kpredator

Adventurer
namibia

hey jeff

maybe we should take old roverrocks with us.

@ ourwildjourney

nice photos!!! have been to several of those sites.
africa sure gets in your blood.
thanks
kp

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles