Wasatch Cruisers - Fall Moab trip

Box Rocket

Our local club likes to have at least a couple trips to Moab each year. One of those is Cruise Moab in the spring, and then we try to do a fall trip each year too. We did our fall trip last weekend. Overall this one was pretty mellow and we ran some of the more scenic trails instead of doing a lot of the harder rock-crawling trails. I didn't mind because it gave me a chance to run a couple trials I hadn't done before and to bring the trailer along to do more testing. I bought a new Max Coupler to replace the Lock-n-Roll hitch on my trailer and I was doing some testing with it for an upcoming article I am doing for TCT magazine that will review the couplers.
We all camped out at Area BFE. I arrived with my family on Thursday afternoon and we had ALL of BFE completely to ourselves that night until the rest of our group showed up early Friday morning. On Friday we headed out for Canyonlands to run Elephant Hill. That is quickly becoming one of my favorite trails in the Moab area. It has a few challenges, some highspeed stuff, spectacular scenery and some killer hikes as options.
Here are some pics from Elephant Hill. I also have some video that I'll post when I get it uploaded.
The squeeze

ttora4runner

Expedition Leader
Really, wise I would've been able to make it, been on my list for awhile.

Looks like you all had a good time.

jah310

Adventurer
Looks amazing. Great family fun. How did the trailer do? I saw it in a few pics, assuming you didn't tow it for the entire trip. Thanks for sharing.

Box Rocket

Looks amazing. Great family fun. How did the trailer do? I saw it in a few pics, assuming you didn't tow it for the entire trip. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. I towed the trailer everywhere on the trip except for Elephant Hill So it was with us on the drive back and forth and also on the Dome Plateau and Kokopelli trails. The trailer did great. My trailer is a very simple and basic setup but has worked well every time we've used it. There were a few obstacles we encountered that made for some fun challenges with the trailer but we never struggled. The majority of the trails where we had the trailer were pretty mild.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online