2014 Tundra Crew Max Build

Tacovendor

Explorer
So it begins....just got off the phone with Stan at Four Wheel Camper and placed my order for my Raven. Will post up pictures as soon as production starts.

Tacovendor

Explorer
Has anyone seen a thread on a build up in the rear passenger compartment? Going to remove the seat and incorporate a dog kennel and storage.

amo292

Adventurer
Tacovendor check out this thread. In the end he shows a pretty nifty storage solution for the back of the crewmax. I would be interested in seeing what you come up with

Tacovendor

Explorer
Kuu Kifaru

So with my order placed and already having an onsite tour of the Four Wheel Camper facility I wanted to really understand how the best off road camper evolves after the order is placed, so after a few calls to Stan at 4WC this is what I've found out:
Most customers usually research these campers from anywhere from 3 months, to as long as ten years before placing an order. Their introduction to this camper is usually seeing one on a website as this, in person, or just doing plain old research. Once they want to know more they'll go to the companies website http://www.fourwheelcampers.com/ ,it's very informative and they have some great video content as well. This is where a customer would either go to a local dealer, or visit an event attended by 4WC ( i.e. Overland Expo East and West) or as I did, go to Woodland California to see how they are made and see them first hand.

This is where you can ask all of the detailed questions about the camper and most likely be awed by this impressive facility. So when I was ready to go, my two model options were the Hawk and the Raven, the difference in the two basically is the Hawk is 10 inches longer than the Raven. In my application this would mean that the Hawk would hang out of the truck bed about ten inches. I felt that the Raven would be the right choice to eliminate overhang and would keep within the contours of the bed. I now had to choose a floor plan along with what options that I wanted in my camper, as well as fabric, cabinet and exterior colors. It's a great feeling to know you are going to get a custom built camper that is built to YOUR specifications and not by a design team cutting corners and making a cookie cutter camper. So with that I put down the required 15% down to start the order and got the ball rolling. Stan informed me that this is where 4WC will generate a customer ID number and create a "Traveler" for the camper. The Traveler is a production sheet that has all the details about who the camper is for and what options it needs to have installed during it's production. My camper is entered into the production line and a date (birthday) as to when the camper will be completed.
About two weeks before the camper is scheduled to be finished they will weld up the aluminum frame, build the base in the wood shop and mate the two together. So somewhere in this rack of tubing is my camper!

These are the options I ordered:
Mechanical Jacks w/ aluminum brackets
160W Solar Panel w/ charger
80L Two Way Refrigerator/freezer
Forced Air Furnace w/ thermostat
6gl Hot Water Heater w/ outside shower
Power Roof Vent
Front Opening Window
8 ft. Fiamma Awning w/ Second amber light
Yakima Roof Tracks
Dual Batteries
Artic Pak
LED light upgrade
LED Rear Flood lights
Looks like it will be completed right around Christmas! What a present! :sombrero:

Last edited:

Tacovendor

Explorer
Thanks, I have quite a bit of work that needs to be done to the truck. I will hopefully get it done before my trip to Woodland. Then getting out with my overland compadres.

Tacovendor

Explorer
After some research I'm going to add Firestone Ride Rite air springs, and not to limit the Icon's long travel, I've added some Daystar air bag cradles. Installation will commence when all the parts are in hand.
90045cf71302d81e2526fd02bf9df0de.jpg

Last edited:

Tacovendor

Explorer
Well I got the call and the camper will bee installed on December the 19th. Now it's time to start the build on the truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94