Got a truck, a four wheel camper, and getting ready to hit the road

60toyetero

Adventurer
After having my gorgeous F250 stolen almost 3 years ago, I moved to an 87 Toyota land Cruiser. for a weekend warrior and DD the land cruiser was awesome. Modified with a roof top tent and tons of accessories the rig was one of a kind. My plans starter to solidify and the wife and I decided to move to a truck a camper. We decided to use my wife's 85 Toyota pickup as a platform "which we had bought after her Honda got stolen. YES! two stolen cars within 3 years", and outfitted it with a small pop up camper. After weekend adventures we came to the conclusion that to spend a year or more on the road, we needed to go bigger. So here is where we are today, two months away from take off day. Had to go back to the only full size truck I have ever owned :) A beloved 2002 F250 Lariat 7.3L charcoal 150k. More pictures, more story to come.:smiley_drive:

PA250246.jpg
PA250251.jpg
PA250253.jpg
PA250247.jpg

AFBronco235

Crew Chief
Make sure you add some anti-theft features when you get to your modifications. I would hate to see that one stolen too.

MikeBoyle

Observer
Great platform. I agree with ^. Install some form of ignition bypass or starter defeat to prevent this one from being stolen.

Raul B

Explorer
Nice looking rig. You can also install jimmi jammers to the doors. Will make it harder for them to punch out the key block to get inside.

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Yup, that's a good looking set up! Def get an alarm and a .45! Rottweiler too!

Last edited:

60toyetero

Adventurer
Those are all totally great ideas. I already installed a two way alarm system that has a starter kill on it. The dog idea is a great one too! haha the wife and I actually thought about getting a dog and bringing him along, but I think that we will get restricted by having one. Guns.. Always! I will probably also install a manual starter kill. The plan is to start the trip at the end of December. My 4 year military contract ends and its giving us an opportunity to take some time off before starting a civilian career. We have been saving and staying away from any kind of loans in order to make this trip happen. No kids, no depth, nothing holding us back from making this trip happen. I Hope along the way I can find ways to make some cash and extend the trip even more. We plan to volunteer as much as we can. Churches, Habitat for humanity, Environmental conservation programs, getting involved in any opportunity we get along the way to do things for others is something we are going to try to do. Mixing volunteering with exploring the great outdoors is going to make this an amazing journey. Here are a couple of pictures of my old rigs. " My stolen f250, my fj60 and our toyota pickup"

3E13L13pd5I35K45H7d135ec39bf15ab01a13.jpg
3E53M33J35Nf5E65Q2d13127b5a04dc4114a1.jpg
to.jpg
toyozu 2.jpg
IMG_8501.jpg
P9060051.jpg

highdesertranger

Adventurer
yeah the 7.3 is a great engine, the best ford diesel. we have one a 2001 on the ranch our main work truck. disable the ignition, on a diesel, really. highdesertranger

60toyetero

Adventurer
It totally is the best ford diesel engine. Its awesome. and I agree, you can start a diesel many ways but its nice to know that if anything is inserted into the ignition mechanism, the hood is opened, or your too close to the rig.. the alarm will go off :)

escadventure

Adventurer
You've had some nice trucks. And come to the same conclusion as my wife and I. We had a FJ Cruiser with RTT and loved it, then realized if we wanted to spend extensive amounts of time traveling we'd need more room.

Good luck on your trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior