Got a truck, a four wheel camper, and getting ready to hit the road

calicamper

Expedition Leader
Nice truck!
Regarding the theft neighbor just got a call yesterday. Their brand new Dodge that was driven away just a day or two after bringing it home was just found with the criminal in it. Apparently all indications suggest he had purchased a key and had tracked the truck from the dealer when it was purchased. He has a long criminal history and apparently had vehicle information on a few lexus cars and a couple of other trucks with him. What really ticks me off is that he apparently was released on bail and is now MIA! ******!

Another neighbor had their Prius stolen last year after their daughter had an extra key made for it. That car was found two months later with a local crack head driving it stolen plates on the car and yes a proper key to the car, police tracked the key back to the lock smith that had cut and made the extra key for their daughter. Seems more and more this sort of stuff is linked to someone who got a key made or purchased a key from someone that had access to the vehicle. So just be aware of who is doing work on your car etc.

duxndogs

Observer
Following. Nice Rig!! :smiley_drive:

I'm getting ready to build up my SD to haul around my FWC Hawk.

Any details on the suspension??

Thanks!

60toyetero

Adventurer
awesome choice on the shocks!

looks like a fun truck, got a rough route planned?

Its going to be one of those trips from smooth road to rocks, to sand, to snow, to mud, to who knows what. Leaving from Portland, heading down to Baja, then up through Nevada, Utah and Colorado down to Texas, some south america travel, back to Texas for the rig, then up through Colorado Wyoming, Montana, Canada to end up in Alaska at the in-laws then from there not sure. should be a fun one. I am going to start working on a solid route here pretty soon.

So now that my truck was almost finished.... I ran into one just like it .. but with a 6 speed manual. Had to swap. I am planning on swapping the goodies to this one and selling the other one....I had to
PC101375_zps11b937d2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

60toyetero

Adventurer
The Auto is solid all the way around but my dream truck has always been the manual and believe it or not, cruising back at 60 I averaged from 23 to 26 MPG coming back home. 7.3L with stage 1 injectors with 50 hp gain, edge performance tuner, aftermarket intake, bigger turbo, and the list goes on. now to inspect it head to toe over the next couple of days. I am totally exited about the MPG that is going to make a huge difference on cost on this trip. took a couple of pictures on the way back..

For Outdoor Recreational Destinationss.. FORD? :)

loving the RPM/Speed relation....

Last edited:

60toyetero

Adventurer
good choice with the 6 speed
how many miles?

150K, do you see high MPG at low speeds like I am seeing?. I lurk around powerstroke forums and many believe it to be lies when anybody claims anything above 18 MPG. My first crew cab was getting 20-22 towing a boat when I was bringing all my stuff from the east coast. The auto gets around 16-18 on stock mode but I have yet to test a long trip on 50 HP gain on the chip so I wonder. you have a pretty sick build by the way I have always been surprised to not see many more 7.3l suited up for exploring. I think is the perfect platform

norcal*PWRstroke

Adventurer
Well I dont normally pay too close of attention to gas mileage. Summer before last I was getting 18 with the camper shell on and a full load of camping gear in the back plus the weight of the new tiregate. My speed was between 75-80 mph going through the nevada desert up to Idaho thats with 6" lift 35" tires on a 20" wheel so its not the lightest wheel option. Since then I added the WW2 and dieslsite boost controller mechanism to the turbo and my mpg's are just under 20. at 60mph I can get just over 20 mpg no problem. that is hand calculated so the guys at powerstrokearmy can button in up because it can be done.

60toyetero

Adventurer
This is what the truck looked like when I picked it up. Very clean, but not a big fan of the sports looking headlights. I feel like that is the style for a Honda civic or something. Been working on the truck swapping things out and getting it cosmetically like I like. Is an 02 with and 06 front swap but when I went to put factory 06 headlights, they did not fit. Did some cutting and some wiring and finally got them set up. I will take some pictures TM and i'll get better at taking pictures when I do work on things. I once again have to do all oils, clean filters, sensors, and make sure everything is working in order. I am loving this rig.

PC101369.jpg
PC101370.jpg

Attachments

• PC101374.jpg
    PC101374.jpg
    558.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Photo028.jpg
    Photo028.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

60toyetero

Adventurer

got the goodies swapped out. Now to paint those wheels with plastidip and get them all black. Still waiting for my amber cab lights so I can replace the smoked ones

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online