Aliner Sportliner with Timbren axle less suspension lift

monark192

Observer
Our 2003 Aliner Sportliner on its first trip since the lift.
P1020302c.jpg

Close up of larger (14 vs 13") wheels with new All Terrains (195/75R14).

photo (15)a.jpg

Timbren system being welded on - 4" lift with 3500lb spindles and 2000lb springs (Timbren part # ASR2KHDS03) to match trailer GVW. There was an additional 2" spacer added between frame and suspension to give the desired lift. Original system was a torsion set up that would bottom out leaving our driveway.

photo (16)a.jpg

Before shot.
Trailer before.jpg

Additional mods:

Harbor Freight tongue box.
5 LB propane tank on mount from SoCal Teardrops.
Fender wells painted black using spray on bedliner from rattle can.

Still to come:

Rally Armor mudflaps.
Better nose wheel - original is now too short.
New stabilizing jacks as originals are too short - suggestions??

Last edited:

monark192

Observer
Some "before" shots of the interior. No refrigerator, no a/c, no pressure water.
110688019_3thumb_770x574.jpg

110688019_4thumb_770x574.jpg

The table has been removed and plywood used to make the bed permanent - which makes good storage underneath. The ice box has been removed and is now storage (IndelB refrigerator is in the Xterra), a new faucet installed centered on the sink with Whale foot pump. The large 12v deep cycle batter was removed and replaced with a small atv type agm battery as there is basically no real power needs in the trailer. All three light bulbs were replaced with LED.

Last edited:

Titanpat57

Expedition Leader
Nice upgrades!

Don't know if there's any trim room around the wheel well openings...but even a little would help.

Good job

Dkurko

I am wondering if you have any field reports or updates as to how well the Timbren axle less suspension is holding up for you and the Aliner as I am considering this very same combination.

This would be my first project and does not appear overly ambitious and the Aliners seem to be quite spacious.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles