Tundra Winch

Flycast

Thanks guys!

I had to build a mount that utilizes the stock frame horn studs and the tow hook holes on the bottom of the frame crossmember. I am currently building another piece to spread the load further back on the frame rails as toyota uses very thin tabs for the studs to mount in. The rack on the back is just a low budget ladder rack that I cut up for a RTT or my boat. I was elk hunting in the woods picture so I had the rack on.

Bueller?

I am looking for something similar to your rack for hauling kayaks in my CM. Do you mind posting more info and pics on your budget rack system? Does it fold out of the way? Is that a SoftTopper under it?

Thanks in advance

zidaro

Explorer
discrete winch looks great!
I'll second the idea of extending your winch plate mounting down the frame rails a little bit to distribute the load. I had a winch bumper that was mounted to front frame horns and a couple other front bolt locations. within a couple of pulls i had torn the front frame horns off the frame. (i repaired it stronger than stock)
The Bumper MFG. corrected the problem and redesigned the bumper mounting to include a portion that extended down the framerails. Has been no issues since.
Tundra front frame horns are not designed to winch off of.

Flycast

I am looking for something similar to your rack for hauling kayaks in my CM. Do you mind posting more info and pics on your budget rack system? Does it fold out of the way? Is that a SoftTopper under it?

Thanks in advance

Sorry I just saw your question, the rack is just the harbor frieght ladder rack. I shortened the overall length and turned the side supports horizontal to accomadate a RTT. I'll try to dig up another pic. That is a softtopper underneath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94