Homemade M416 trailer build

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
I found a set of dimensions for the tub of the trailer. Im still figuring out how I will do all the bends in the metal for the tub. I am hoping to find someone with a metal brake so I can bend them. I am looking to find the dimensions for the frame so I can start getting materials for it. I would like to get the original dimensions then alter the width to be similar to my '15 JKU that is getting ordered next week. I would like to incorporate the JK tailgate on the rear so I can run a spare for the trailer and still have a spare for my Jeep also. It will be an Overlander/ Expedition trailer. I will build a lid and get some heavy duty shocks for it to raise and lower. I will not have a tent mounted on the top of the trailer. I will have the JK Habitat hard top tent later on. This will be a slow starting build until I get all of the parts and materials needed for it. I just want to get some good information about what everyone has done that helped and other ideas that didnt work out so well.

thanks yall!

JeepTrailerBody.jpg

drgrenthum

If you are building everything from scratch, why are you mimicing a M416? How is it the perfect shape for your needs? Not criticizing, just curious. I would think it would be alot cheaper to buy a m416, then build from scratch.

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
Well the shape of the M416 originally will not work thats why I am going to adjust the dimensions a bit I just wanted to get some original frame dimensions. I will build it to the JK width. But during my build idk if the actual design will change but the basic design is going to be similar to the M416.

Topo.Ranger

Adventurer
and to make my trailer tub... i will make this since i cant find anyone around that has a 6' metal brake..

anyone else try to make their own metal brake?

metalbrake.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste